Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

LOTS of Checks !!!---Now w/Pic

I noticed that you ladies used to post your progress of your "checks" and I miss that. I wanted to share my checks as I am SUPER excited to be moving right along!!

Last weekend I purchased my DRESS even though it was my first time trying a wedding dress on and I was dead set against buying on the first time! I bought it at Michael's Bridal Galleria on Perry Hwy and Yolanda was my consultant. I would recomend her and this place to anyone! She let us stay from 10am-1pm, take as many pics as I wanted and pull as many dresses as I could fit into one dressing room! (which was ALOT of dresses,ha!)

Our contract is signed for the venue- Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort. I also sent the deposit check to our Photographer- Kelsey Kradel this week, making that official! We booked our DJ and makeup artist as well! In additon to all this, I asked all my girls to be in the wedding party this week and they were SOOOOO excited and appreciative---makes me that much more excited as well.

Although our wedding is over a year away, I am a control freak with a slight case of OCD, thus the need to plan everything right.this.second :) . Hope you ladies are moving along as well. I love to hear the progress as it gives me ideas of things I still need to do :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: LOTS of Checks !!!---Now w/Pic

• you also have to post a picture of the dress missy!!!!

so many exciting checks!!!  i can't wait until it's close enough to start buying decor and tasting food!!!
  • So exciting! Congrats on all the checks!
    I have an appointment tomorrow morning at Michael's Bridal. I hope I'm as lucky as you since I only have 6 months! Lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_lots-of-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:fd7e7e58-2723-4823-a96d-20c2fa7f3dc7Post:405e7e0c-f9d4-4037-af66-ab4ea9238845">Re: LOTS of Checks !!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So exciting! Congrats on all the checks! I have an appointment tomorrow morning at Michael's Bridal. I hope I'm as lucky as you since I only have 6 months! Lol
    Posted by manjermj[/QUOTE]

Oh I hope you get to work with Yolanda, she is such a sweetheart and she worked with us as if each dress I tried on was THE one. She pinched, pulled, adjusted and explained all options with each dress. She also was not pushy and didn't expect me to purchase anything that second. It was a wonderful experience.

A few words of advice though, don't let the outside apperance of the shop scare you. I had a slight panic attack when I saw the facade, but there is nothing to worry about once you step into those dresses. Also, my dress is going to take 5 months to come in my size, so I would definately tell your consultant off the bat that you have a short timeline so they can tell you what dresses can be rush ordered!

GOOD LUCK and let us know how it goes!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    i got my dress at michael's bridal also!! so glad to hear some other people are going there and having good experiences, i was having trouble finding opinions about the place when i started looking last november.  yolanda was so great to work with.

manjermj--i am pretty sure you will get to work with her since i tried to make a saturday morning alterations appointment and they said she likes to work the floor on saturdays.

i agree with kserafin about the outside of the shop, but its great once inside. they carry maggie sottero which is why i even knew about the shop. they also carry dessy/after6 and other bridesmaids designers like those. my dress was supposed to take 6 months and ended up taking 7, but they have MANY off the rack options that she would be able to alter into your size for you. good luck! congrats on the checks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the checks!  My wedding is alittle less than a year away and I amlike you -control freak with OCD. The more I get done now the less stress I imagine I will have later!  Everyone thinks I am nuts for doing things so far in advance but I'm glad someone else out there sees it my way!!  Let's see a pic of the dress!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!  Those are two big checks right there.  I had my dress and venue a year out, too!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_lots-of-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:fd7e7e58-2723-4823-a96d-20c2fa7f3dc7Post:2a342a68-7547-4024-b9f2-11f5431fd8e6">Re: LOTS of Checks !!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] The more I get done now the less stress I imagine I will have later!  Everyone thinks I am nuts for doing things so far in advance but I'm glad someone else out there sees it my way!! Posted by tjs83[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way! There are some things you just can't do until the month or two before the wedding, so whatever else I can get done before then is great. I have little things like our ceremony program done already- all we have to do is plug in the music we choose and assemble. :)

Congrats on getting so much accomplished!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations! That's so exciting. I also had my dress and venue done a year out. My wedding is in ony 75 days now, though, so it's crunch time! Good luck with everything and enjoy every minute of it!!
  • KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Okay, here are the pics. The first one is w/o belt ...this is the way ill wear it to the church. The second is w/belt and that is how I'll wear it to the reception. I am taking off the flower on the side and replacing it with crystals. (also, this is a size 10 and I wear a size 4) So you can imagine how much better it will fit when it comes in, in my size :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    Pretty! I agree that I think it will look better with crystals instead of the flower. I also love the idea of adding the belt for the reception to give it some pop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards