Wedding Woes

So...2014?

What's coming down the pike for y'all?

We decided this week that we are going to go full bore on home improvement and get the house on the market by March or April.  AHHHH!! I can't think of anything else but that right now. ;)  My mom is getting her RE license and I'll probably hire her to sell our house and help us find a new one.  That is helping ease some of the anxiety I'm having about all of this. 

We've been in this house 10 years.  I'm excited about getting a bigger house, but I'm probably going to cry buckets when we actually move out.  So many memories for us here...I mean, we created our family here.  ;) 

Re: So...2014?

• Oface4evaOface4eva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Same here for home improvements, but ours are just necessary and not really to sell (not now anyway).  New Doors and a Deck this spring/summer.

I have a wedding to be in, a bachelorette party to plan, another wedding to attend, a friend is having a baby...what else?  I'd like to run a marathon in October, tons of other races throughout the year.  Possibly trying for baby late 2014? 

H will hopefully be back to normal duty with his certification by late Spring, which means his probationary period will actually start after that. 
  • I am hopeful that there will be babies on the way for my sister and SIL (either through pregnancy or adoption) this year.   I'd love to be an aunt to more kiddos.  ;)  I
  • momma Oface?!  **quiet hope**

Good luck with the home.  We used my mom for most of our home buying and it worked out well.  She knew us and our lifestyle so she could really help with the search.  We had to really be aware of "realtor hat" vs. "mom hat."  I will make a small recommendation that when you get to actual negotiations and closing you have her either turn it over completely or have her work with her broker.  It kept her out of the emotions.  There are a lot of nuisances and paperwork that she may need help with.

For us we'll be doing a kitchen and addition.  I'm STOKED but also scared of feeding us and keeping us safe. 

6let starts kindergarten next year and M2 will start preschool.  I will have one day a week with only one kid. 

I might start taking some classes.

• HONEYMOON. We're at 34 days now!!

We're gonna start trying for babby in second quarter 2014.

Annnnd we're hoping to finish the vast majority of our major renovations in 2014 as well.

• So there might be a baby wave in 2015?  Crazy. 

• It's already started at my work. There are at least three pregnancies just on our floor.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Oface4eva said:
    So there might be a baby wave in 2015?  Crazy. 

Is anyone on here pregnant now?  I wonder if we'll have any 2014 babies.
  • FI graduates with an LL.M., I'm in my best friend's wedding, we'll have our wedding, a possible cross-country move, and trying for a baby in the fall. Cheers to 2014 being a good year!

• I anticipate 2014 to be even more crazy than 2013 but I love it.

The kids will sign up for classes/activities, DH and I will paint the kitchen, we'll go on vacation and DD1 will be in kindergarten (full time!!!) when school starts up again after summer, so I too will have one kid while the others are in school.

I think my sister will be getting engaged soon and I'm secretly squeeing about wedding planning.
  • Oface4eva said:

I sort of thought Mrs.conn was announcing.
  • 6fsn said:
    Oface4eva said:

I sort of thought Mrs.conn was announcing.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!  Nope.  Pretty sure we're done.  We haven't made it permanent yet, but I would not be surprised if that happened next year. 
  • I am hoping for a better year then this last year. Or bright spot through everything has been DD. Here's to no huge house repairs, a lack of funerals, and continued busyness at work so that I get my hours.

And we are likely trying for number 2 later in the summer. Babies everywhere!
  • We might consider trying for #2 at the end of 2014, but probably not until 2015. 

Our goal for 2014 is just to be happy and healthy and enjoy our family.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm going to get my paralegal certification.  After so many years of being told it doesn't matter and isn't required, they were leaving off the $$ signs that the certification will bump me up to.  Fine. I'll get the blasted thing.

Beyond that, there isn't much.  We're working on our money attitudes, which is the foundation of a lot of problems that will hopefully start to resolve themselves.  DH goes back to being a real, live employee in August, with a salary.  No other benefits, so we need to figure that out.
  • I had no idea there was a certification.  You should get that shit and get that money! 
  • alikatt17 said:
    I had no idea there was a certification.  You should get that shit and get that money! 
    I only know this because my neighbor took the classes.  She did an online program.  Are you going to go to classes or take them online, @VarunaTT
  • No way.  I've purchased the book and it's booooooooooooooooooooooooring.  So, I'm buying the book of practice tests and seeing if I just have the XP to just pass it w/out studying.  So far over half of the book, I've thought, Yeah....Yeah...I should be drinking while reading this.....un-huh....yep....okay.  It's really hard to read about something you already know how to do.

There's a few different certifications to choose from, but I'm going with the NALA, since that's what the other 2 paralegals have and there's an active chapter here.  I'll just get the first level and then we'll see about the other...2 levels, I think there is.  The most senior paralegal here has the Advanced, the other one just has the basic.

It's probably only worth maybe another $.10, but that adds up pretty damn quickly over time,
  • 2014. Hmm, DS will be 4 so were starting the school search for kindergarten. I may end up with a promotion so that will be nice. Doing some traveling for sure. It will be fun come summer with DD- she'll be old enough to be in the pool for a bit this summer and we all love to swim. We are actually in the process of getting flooring picked out and buying paint to start that process in 2014. No babies here. DD, and I love her, is a handful even at 5 weeks old. I can't imagine adding a third- it seems like insanity.
  • First objective - get another (running) car, or get our Jeep running again. I don't really want to put more money into our rusty POS Jeep, but DH disagrees.  The Jeep has been sitting in our garage for almost a year.  I'm sure it's beyond repair and say we should sell it for scrap/junk and use that money towards a new used car.  I could rant about this for awhile.
    DD will start Kindergarten in the fall, so we need to make a final decision about where we want her to go to school, and if we need to move, etc.  We should probably make that decision in the next month or two.
    We hope to take a family vacation.  Possibly Indy in August - we'll see.
    My mom is taking DD and I to the beach in late Spring/early Summer.
    That's about it for us.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2013
    @Auntflo, Indy in August?!  Um...you know what to do.  ;) 
  • @Auntflo - are you going for GenCon?  Because I might be attending with DH this year.  Or, DH will be attending and the baby and I are going to the zoo and children's museum.
  • @Auntflo, Indy in August?!  Um...you know what to do.  ;) 
    Um @alikatt17, you know what to do too.  ;) 

Baby Thor LOVES babies.  He's so sweet and gentle with the humans that are smaller than him.  ;) 

• @mrs.conn23  Bitch, you know it :D
  • @alikatt17 and @mrs.conn23 - Yes!  GenCon (I couldn't remember what it was called).  It's not a sure thing, but it's more likely to happen this year than any other year.  
    And DD and I might actually do the convention for 1/2 a day and the rest of the time will be zoo, museum, pool, etc.  
    DD loves babies, too, but I can't guarantee she'll be gentle.  Luckily alibaby (can't remember his "code name") will be old enough to keep his head up by then...
    We MUST do a GTG.
  • 2014 GenCon dates are perfect.  School will have just started and I know we (probably) won't have anything important on the books.  
  • That was my plan too- spend a little time at the con and then do fun things.  I told DH I'd go to the con one day because I like board games.  Our friends that are also going have a baby 5 weeks younger so the ladies were going to hang out with the babies.

Alibaby doesn't have a code name, lol.

• 2014, I'll be starting my EMT course in 5 days, finishing in September, then wedding planning will kick into high gear!
  • Getting married in March, starting a new degree program in August. FI graduates in May, woohoo! Other activities for the year will involve weight loss and saving money. The babies will need to wait a few more years for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards