New Jersey

Wedding Ceremony venues in Hoboken/JC/Weehawken area? Outdoors?

RolfeRolfe member
First Comment
edited December 2013 in New Jersey
Hi all- My fiance and I live in Hoboken and are having our reception in N Bergen on the water. The problem is we really don't want to use the same location for our ceremony, so we're looking for a spot in the Hoboken area that could accommodate us for just the ceremony. A protestant or non-denominational church is one option, or an outdoor ceremony along the water is another idea. I'd really LOVE an outdoor ceremony but it seems unrealistic. Does anyone know details about outdoor ceremonies in the area, and how realistic this is? THANK YOU!!! :)

Re: Wedding Ceremony venues in Hoboken/JC/Weehawken area? Outdoors?

• RolfeRolfe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Looking for outdoor ceremony ideas
  • I used to live on Montgomery Street in Jersey City.  They used to have weddings at Van Vorst Park every now and again on the gazebo.  The park is small and lovely but parking I imagine would be an issue as its surrounded by brownstones but its lovely.

• I live near Liberty State Park.  It is absolutely gorgeous and the views of the water and city are incredible-- you don't have to go out to the island.  There are miles of beautiful trails and lawns on the mainland.  I don't know how you'd go about getting a permit for a wedding, though.  I'm sure plenty of people have done it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards