Nevada-Las Vegas

Paperwork, Paperwork!

It never ends!! Has anyone else started theirs? Some of my vendors - Officant and DJ want the paper work by Jan 1. :/

Speaking of DJ, does anyone else know if you are required and/or where to get the Music license release?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Paperwork, Paperwork!

• Woah? Really? Most of mine dont want anything from me before the 14th of March. I have never heard of a Music License release - so cant be much help with that one.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Yeah they personalizing our ceremony and she is super busy, so she asked for all the paper work to be back by Jan 1. So she can get it drawn up and sent back to us asap. 

Maybe the music license release thing is a canadian thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dj didnt require anything we choose to pay early though
  • I am from Canada but we didn't have to do anything about a music license.
  • So it is a canadian thing. I found it on my home reception contract. This was what I was talking about:

All live or recorded musical works are subject to a licensing fee through Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN) and Re:Sound music licensing company. All fees will be shown on the event invoice. For more information please visit their respective websites (www.socan.ca & www.resound.ca) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, I can't believe they want your paperwork that early- most of mine said within a month to 2 weeks before the wedding, so I have 2 more months (OH MY GOD, 3 months from today and I will be in Vegas doing last minute details, AHHH!) 
  • I think commercial use (i.e. DJ providing services) of music whose copyright hasn't expired requires the payment of royalties unless the artist or copyright holder (of which there could be multiple parties) grants its use free of charge for the event in question, but it's rare to ever that event DJ's actually document the songs played, collect the relevant fees and file such paperwork.  Only time I've ever heard of that being done in a commercial situation was at an NFL game; company I was working for wanted to run an ad during a game on the jumbotron that required a specific song be played, so the advertising folks needed to do all of that.  I've done plenty of promo events in smaller settings and it's never come up, even though legally it would be required.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• The celebrant/officiant we were going to have do the 'official' ceremony in New Zealand is writing our personal ceremony.  She didn't give us a deadline but we got everything to her just before Christmas and she's already emailed us back our first draft!  It will be nice to know it's all done.  One of my best friends is going to get licensed so he can be our officiant in Vegas but he hasn't married anyone before so this way all of the hard work has been done for him :) It took ages to answer all of her questions though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards