Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaid over 50

Hello,

My two sister are going to be in my wedding and they are both in their early 50s. The rest of the wedding party is in their early 30s. Do you have any ideas for appropriate bridesmaid dresses that won't make them feel or look old. BTW..they don't look 50+ at all. The look like they are in their early 40s.

Re: Bridesmaid over 50

• Options
    Why don't you just give them a color of dress and let them find something that flatters them and that they are comfortable wearing?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'd say to avoid dresses that are strapless or spaghetti-strapped as well as super short dresses.  Other than that, I think that and "regular" bridesmaid dress would be fine for all of the BMs.  Or, you could do as PP suggested and let the BMs pick out their own dresses in a certain colour, fabric, etc.
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Personally, I would ask them for their input on dresses. Or even better, give them a color you wish for them to wear and allow them to pick the dress they feel is right. Just because someone is over 50 doesn't mean they will necessarily want to dress "matronly". 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Ditto PPs. Nordstroms has a really great selection of bridesmaids dresses online in a variety of styles and colors. I recently saw a picture of a bridal party online in a younger looking MOB dress, and they looked great.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a big age difference in my bridesmaids - oldest is early 40s vs youngest in her late 20s.  I just gave them the color and let them each select their own style that they would be comfortable wearing.
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    Why don't you just give them a color of dress and let them find something that flatters them and that they are comfortable wearing?
    I did this and it was the best wedding decision I made. 
  • Options
    that's what I will be doing-my MOH will be 22, one bridesmaid will be 45, and one will be 68. I will be looking forward to seeing what they will choose to wear. I'm particularly excited to ask them, because I will be waiting for a few months yet, as my wedding will be sometime in the summer of 2015 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards