Canada-Ontario

Outdoor Ceremony - Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga

edited January 2014 in Canada-Ontario
Hi all :),

I'm getting married in June 2015.

My fiancé and I have already booked our wedding venue (Oakville Harbourfront and Banquet Centre) for our 180 guests.

We are now looking for a outdoor garden area in which to have our ceremony. Our ceremony will be smaller, with around 80 guests. It would have to be within 20-30 mins from the reception venue.  We do not want to get married at a golf and country club. Any suggestions?

We originally were going to get married in the park, but we're worried about the amount of set-up (for a sound system, etc) and random people dropping in. Does anyone have experience setting this up?

Thanks very much!

Re: Outdoor Ceremony - Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga

• Hi Hummingbird. 

you should check in with Leena from Lets Party Consultants, she can definitely help you out with all venue requirements, permits, set ups , vendors, basically just simplifying everything for you so you don't have to worry about a thing. and save you money along the way! 

Best of luck! 
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Why not invite all your guests to your ceremony? It's really the point of the day... People are important enough to you to bring a gift and party but not important enough to see your vows? If I were a guest I'd be offended.

Spencer Smith Park is nearby and although you can book it for photos it's not set up for "private" ceremonies. The RBG has some outdoorsy areas. Knollwood golf and country is nice but it's a golf club. The Waterfront Centre in Hamilton has an outdoor part as well on the water that is private. The Burlington Art Centre has a courtyard and small garden but I think it'd be too small for your guest list. Paletta has a beautiful outdoor space, I'm not sure if you can rent it without doing a reception there but worth checking out.
  • Look into the Paletta Lakefront Park and Mansion. My best friend had her ceremony and reception at the location of your reception. Ceremony in one room, reception in the other. The Paletta is where I personally want to get married...they have a absolutely beautiful lakefront view and inside is beautiful if you choose to use it.
  • P.S. maybe 15 mins down the street from where your reception is..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards