Florida-South Florida
Options

CG Country Club VS Westin Colonnade (old/new knottie)

Hi Ladies,

Im an old, new knottie! I used the boards when i was planning my wedding 4 years ago. Long story short, i got married and divorced within the year. Blessing in disguise because i have now met and will marry my forever after. (got engaged on xmas night) :)

I have a question... can anyone give me info (not prices) for either westin colonnade in CG or the CG Country Club? I am meeting with both coordinators tomorrow and any suggestions, negotiation pointers, past experience advice would be highly helpful. 

background info: estimated around 150-175 guest, hoping for december wedding but open to other dates.

Does anyone know if they'll drop the price if i bring in my own chair rental and linen rentals?

Any comments welcome...

TIA 

Alex 

Re: CG Country Club VS Westin Colonnade (old/new knottie)

• Options
    I can't tell you prices, but I can tell you that many of the bands/DJs we interviewed for our daughter's wedding said they will not play at the Westin Collonade because the acoustics are not great.  We attended a wedding there and it was beautiful, but they are correct, we did not really hear the music.  Also, their indoor fountain is pretty, but gets in the way
  • Options
    @ lauderdalepink I totally agree, we went to see the westing and i did not like it for that exact reason, theres an echo in the fountain room. very disappointed. thanks for you reply!
  • Options
    I had my prom at the Westin (LOL) and one thing that bothered me was that people just walk through the rotunda area.. This is frustrating--- especially when people stop to admire but are dressed in casual clothing. The CG Country Club is much more private.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    If you use the central audio system for an additional fee (I think it was $150 or something), the acoustics are fine. We had our grand tasting there and they played music in the background. It sounded like any other wedding I've ever been to. So don't let that deter you.

Honestly, I haven't had the best experience with them customer service wise. If you do end up picking the Colonnade, make sure you're paired up with Patricia, who I've heard great things about. My original lady (who was great) ended up leaving and it's been hard to get my questions answered in the aftermath.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards