May 2014 Weddings
Options

NWR: Streeeeeeeessed.

Just needed to vent a *tiny* bit.

My best friend has been taken to the hospital, and I'm anxious and stressed. She's 6 months pregnant with her third child, and has been a very high-risk pregnancy each time (read: almost died multiple times). After her last pregnancy, she also developed a chronic disorder which affects her immune system. This pregnancy was not planned (which caused some stress to begin with), but so far, has been better than the previous two.

After a night/morning with a host of very serious symptoms, she called her docs and they indicated that they think it's an issue with her heart. They also asked that she come to the regional children's hospital (where all of her high-risk OB/GYNs, etc are) in another city rather than her local hospital.

I basically can't focus on work. I'm scared for her. She and I have been friends for so long that I can feel when she's scared and anxious, and her fear is literally all I feel right now. The worst part is knowing that there's nothing I can do for her. I know that she has the best doctors, but until someone tells me that she's going to be okay, I won't be. It's even harder because this isn't the first time that I've had to sit and wait for someone to tell me whether or not my best friend's life is in jeopardy, which is SO hard. My head is just all over the place.

Re: NWR: Streeeeeeeessed.

• Options
    I had an insanely high risk pregnancy with my first child. I can tell you it's even scarier for your friend right now. You seem like a wonderful friend. I would focus your scaredness and worry on being positive for her. There is nothing worse than the fear of losing your baby. Keep a calm head, it will make things better for both of you. You and her will be okay
  • Options
    Very scary I'm sorry :( I know what it's like when a loved one is sick. Keep positive energy around her and positive thoughts and I'll keep her and you in my prayers.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards