Honeymoon Discussions
Options

BVI - Peter Island Resort

I did a search but most of the posts were older so I wanted to see if I could get any recent discussion going. FI have recently discovered Peter Island Resort. WOW!!! We are totally in awe and haven't found a thing wrong with it we are aware of the food/drink plans, flight costs/transport, etc. and feel its within our budget. We aren't getting married/honeymooning until end of March 2015 but the resort will honor 2014 rates if booked by April. So that being said... 1. If you've been or have secondhand reviews, tell me all about it! 2. Meal plan is $140 pp/day, drink plan is $75 pp/day. We have pretty much decided the meal plan would be great for us, as we do love to eat and will be happy to not have to budget, so to speak, on our honeymoon. Torn on the drink plan though. We aren't huge drinkers - I do have a diet coke problem haha but we likely won't be drinking heavy all day. Not sure if we would realistically spend $75 each per day, but again could be useful to avoid worrying about going over budget. Any insight appreciated!!! We really just feel like the resort offers something special, apart from most all inclusives. Our other top choice is iberostar grand in PC... Seemingly two opposite ends of the spectrum. I feel like the honeymoon decision is harder than any other wedding aspects!! Though I haven't gone dress shopping yet so that could change haha
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BVI - Peter Island Resort

• Options
    I have some friends who have been there and LOVE it.  I can't speak to costs, but paradise for sure!  Top notch staff, perfect beaches, etc.  Very special place!
  • Options
    I've never stayed at Peter island. Only stopped for lunch while boating and it was great.  I love the BVIs.   They are just beautiful and unspoiled.

If you are not drinkers than just do by consumption.  I would check out the drink prices first though.  A few diet cokes can add up if they are $10 a pop, not as much if they are $4.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards