Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Hair Stress

Hello! 

I am just looking for advice when it comes to the hair stylist.  I have 7 bridesmaids + me and I am about to book one lady to do our hair the morning of the wedding.  I wasn't really thinking time was an issue until I thought about it a little more.  Do you think it is a bad idea to have only one lady do 8 heads of hair when the ceremony is at 1:00 pm?? We are doing most pictures after the ceremony, but it still means she would have to start early because we have to get to the church by 12 noon.  It is nice because she is on location, and I have heard good things about her, but I'm not sure if we should go to a salon instead where 2 or 3 people can work on the bridal party at a time.  What do you all think?  Thank you!

Re: Hair Stress

• Options

From experience, with that large of a wedding party... I would recommend having 2 hair stylists for the bridal party and one exclusively for you. Unless the styles are incredibly easy, but for weddings that is usually not the case.

The last thing you want on your big day is to be stressed about time!

Hope this helps!

Whitney
    WhitneysPureRomance.com
    WhitneysPureRomance@gmail.com
    Earn a shopping spree by hosting a FREE bachelorette party!

• Options
    I would definitely say you want more than one stylist. Unless you hire someone used to quick changes (Like a runway stylist) I'd say you need to give 45 minutes per head, so that's 6 man (woman!) hours. I'd say a 5:30 am call time would lead to a pretty drowsy bridal party come reception time! :) 

And don't feel bad asking your preferred stylist to bring an associate- if she's a good & honest stylist, she knows her capabilities and will be grateful that you have realistic expectations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards