South Dakota

Black Hills Wedding Reception/Ceremony Location Ideas Needed

I am getting married in August 2010 in Custer State Park and can't decide between having my ceremony at Sylvan Lake Lodge Veranda (which has more character) and having the ceremony elsewhere....OR... Have the ceremony and reception at the State Game Lodge Creekside. Has anyone experienced either or heard about either? Thanks!

Re: Black Hills Wedding Reception/Ceremony Location Ideas Needed

• edited December 2011
    HI!I'm just starting to plan my wedding in the Black Hills and originally I was looking at those locations too but decided against it. Some things that I thought about:1. Guests will need to get a pass to the park for entrance at either location. I was going to purchase them and have them in the hotel rooms when they checked in but this does get pricy. 2. Sylvan has more activities and scenery for the guests and it's closer to Hill City and other towns if people stay the weekend. 3. They both book up quick so you probably want to decide soon. 4. Sylvan has a honeymoon cabin for just over $200 a night that is private but I don't know what the game lodge has. Good luck!Jen
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married there a few weeks ago. the ceremony was next to the big tree in the front and it was beautiful but cars keep rolling by during the ceremony so you couldnt hear anything. the reciption was also there and it was amazing. the food was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards