Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY Invites - Sizes?

Hello! I am looking into making my own invitations (I have like 250 envelopes that are A7 - 5x7 that my mother bought me, so I thought I should at least use some of of those for the outer envelopes and then get others for the inner envelopes). 

Can someone please tell me the standard sizes for
Response Card
Response Card Envelope
Directions Card
Reception Card

Also, can the inner envelope and outer envelopes be the same size? Should the envelopes be the same size as the invitation? I have never assembled any of this before and was wondering what I should order...

Re: DIY Invites - Sizes?

• I'm not sure what your time frame is, but you might want to explore online invitation companies. Many allow you to order samples, which may help in your planning and design.  Weddingpaperdivas.com, zazzle.com, paperandmore.com, are some that come to mind.

I think many of the enclosure cards are 3 X 5.  If you look at some of the invitation websites, you will get an idea of the sizing options.  Bear in mind that what you select may have an impact on your postage costs.
  • jessirayjessiray member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    You might want to chick out this website. We're roughly following this, but our invitations will be orientated landscape instead of portrait, and our invitations are roughly 4x6. I was surprised when I went to Joann's when I saw how many envelop sizes they had. Good luck!
  • I recommend using Cards and Pockets for sizes. Their RSVP envelopes are 3 5/8 x 5 1/8, and RSVP cards are 3 1/8 x 5.  They also have other insert sizes. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You would want the inner envelope to be slightly smaller than the outer envelope or else it won't fit inside. Same thing with the invitation inside the inner envelope. For example, my invitations are 6"x6" squares and my envelopes are 6 1/2" x 6 1/2".
  • I figured it out! Thank you girls! The outer envelopes would have to be an A7.5 (some stores reference them as so).  For RSVP I'm going the A2 Size which is about 4x5. The rest of the inserts will be the same, but the directions card will be 4x6.

Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards