South Dakota
Options

Awesome RC Vendors

Congrats ladies on your upcoming weddings!  I was married in August and I just wanted to let you guys know which vendors in Rapid I found helpful since there aren't many listed online.  Wedding/Ceremony Site:  we went with Black Hills Receptions and Rentals.   They did all the set up and tear down which is so nice.  It's one less thing to worry about on the big day!  They did a beautiful job.  All decor, table settings, tables, chairs, ect is included in the cost.  The grounds were lovely, our reception tent was perfect.  We couldn't have asked for better.  Cons: the site wedding planner wasn't the nicest.  She treated us as if we didn't know what we were talking about and would crinkle her nose at some of our ideas.  A little spendy, but we thought it was worth it.  Book on a Friday in the summer.  Saturday's they run two weddings a day, so you might get kicked out.Cake:  Jerry's cakes and Donuts did a great job!  We had a three tiered cake, butter cream (way tastier than fondant), drizzled in chocolate, and three half sized sheet cakes for around 250$.  LeAnn is very nice.  See my wedding webpage for pics of the cake.Photographer: Captured Radiance.  Duane was so great to us.  We met with him three times before the wedding to get to know eachother and our style.  He even met with my camera shy sister at no cost so that she could get comfortable with him and the camera!  Very professional yet fun.  Our pics turned out beautiful.  We got an awesome package deal and he's very reasonalby priced (under 900$ for a good pkg)DJ:  Complete Music.  We spent more for the dj because the two things everyone remembers about a wedding is the food and the music.  We wanted to throw a party to celebrate.  Complete Music was a little more than we wanted to pay, but it was worth it.  We all had fun, he took requests, played what we wanted, engaged the crowd.  It was a blast!Caterer:  Anything's Possible Catering.  Andrea did a very tasty job.  The food was excellent.  And not very expensive.  15$ a head and she provided very elegant looking plastic plates and cutlery at no extra cost!  And we got to keep the leftovers!Attire:  Audra's Bridal Gallery, for me and Forever Yours Bridal for him.  Audra herself helped me with my dress.  She picked it out for me when I had trouble finding what I wanted.  And boy was she on the money!  The bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous too!  Their customer service is the best in town and I've been to every bridal shop in Rapid.  David's Bridal was nice, but they didn't give me the personal attention I got from Audra's.  Forever Yours had the exact tuxes we wanted and they ordered in jackets for trying on at no cost.  Everywhere else has a charge for that.  They were very helpful and Lea (who worked w/ us beginnig to end) was great!Flowers: Flowers by LeRoy.  My suggestion is don't do the flowers yourself.  I was so sick of DIY stuff by the time I got to my flowers.  Melanie from the flower shop did all my flowers for under 300$.  They were so pretty.  What I really liked about her was that the flowers for the cake ddin't come in.  She didn't realize this til the day of when she got to the site to drop off the flowers. She drove her own car and used her own gas to get back into town, used flowers from their store and brought them back and put them on the cake herself.  She didn't charge us for any of it and apologized the whole time.  The cake flowers she used turned out better than what we ordered!Hair and Makeup:  Mystique Edge.  45$ for an updo and 25$ for your makeup professionally done.  Ask for Joy.  She was my beautician.  She did an excellent job.  And for Manicures, ask for Patty at The Collection in the clocktower plaza.  There isn't any one in town that does a better job than she does.  She does mani's and full acrylics that look so real and they don't screw your real nails up.  Plus she gives a wonderful hand massage and does nail emergencies!Hope this helps a little with any planning!  Good luck and remember to have fun with this even in the frustrating parts!  You'll all look beautiful the day of, don't sweat the small stuff and be organized and know what you want before you talk with your vendors! 
IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards