Wedding Reception Forum
Options

beach reception

My fiance and I are having a beach wedding, and were thinking of having burgers and grilled chicken for our wedding.  What side dishes or recommendations do you have? It will be a very laid back reception at a beach house, and we are on a tight budget.

Re: beach reception

• Options
    A lot of local, small catering companies will do burgers, chicken, and other grilled dishes with appropriate side dishes for $20-30/person.  I am assuming you are getting a caterer out of pure ease (I can't imagine you, your FI, your parents, or really anyone else at the wedding wants to be grilling during the reception).  We have had parties at my beach house like that.  They bring their own grill and usually set up a buffet type situation and it is laid back and easy to do without the hassle of cooking the food for all your guests.  But typically the side dishes that come with it would be corn, potato salad, chips, watermelon etc.  All your typical cookout food.  If you wanted something more elegant you could work it out with your caterer.  The smaller catering companies are much easier to work with and its typically much easier to alter the menu, in my experience.  
  • Options
    Assuming this will all be outdoors, I would keep the sides simple and avoid any sides that risk spoilage, such as mayonnaise based sides. A large salad with lots of vege's would be good, as it could also double as a potential entree for any guests requiring a vegetarian meal. Vinegar based dressings could be offered on the side. Fresh fruit would also work well.
  • Options
    Grilled veggies, cole slaw, potato salad, green salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, dinner rolls, bean salad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards