Wedding Reception Forum

Tented Wedding-Site ideas?

Hello Ladies!

My FI and I are looking into alternative/creative ideas for our reception. Thinking a tented wedding but the idea of having to cover so many additional bases is stressful. Anyways what I am really most interested in is where I would hold the reception? Do you rent space from parks, or vineyards? I have no clue where to begin with this idea-any advice is much appreciated!

A

Re: Tented Wedding-Site ideas?

• Start by looking on your local board for more help. In my region you can rent out state parks, historic preserve areas, have it at vineyards, farms, barns, town halls, backyards, estates, - the possibilities end where you budget does.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That was incredibly helpful-thanks!!
  • I actually really wanted to do this. My friend's dad has a large farm property when  could set it up. After finding out the cost of renting tent, tables, chairs, porta-potties, lights....it was more cost efective for me to have it at a professional venue. It's not costing too much more and they deal with it all. Because not only the cost but you have to be there at a certain time for them to come setup the tent and then be there the next day for them to come get it, unless you set it up and delivery it youself which is a huge pain in the butt.

Try looking for venues that offer a tent....my fiance suggested a place he really wanted to look at and I was shocked when I got there and they told me we offer the indoor room or the draped tent. SCORE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards