Michigan-Detroit

Bakery Recommendations for Cupcakes?

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good bakery in the Metro Detroit area for cupcakes?  A lot of the places I have looked are $2.5-$3 or more per person.  I'm currently considering using the Cupcake Station's mini cupcakes (over 100 are only $1.20 each) as we are also having a dessert table.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Re: Bakery Recommendations for Cupcakes?

• 2leadsingers2leadsingers member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    I am not sure on the taste but I have a girlfriend who used (and recommended) VG's (grocery store for her wedding cupcakes). I just talked to them this week and they do cupcakes for $0.69 a piece. The lady I spoke with said they offer multiple flavors and will match your colors and do whatever you want to the top of them. She said it might be a bit more for flavored frosting but the savings on that from what you listed above still sounds like it would be worth it. I have had their cakes and cupcakes before for birthdays and they were always good. Maybe not melt in your mouth absolutely to die for good, but they were definitely not your average grocery store cupcakes. I think I could over look that to save an almost extra $2.50 / person. 

ETA: I will definitely be looking into this option myself. 
  • I'm curious about this as well. I've had the Cupcake Stations mini cupcakes before and they weren't fantastic.
  • I'm currently looking at going through Hiller's Market..
  • I got my cake from cakes by Stephanie in Monroe, they were really affordable and I know they do cupcakes as well. I got the mini cupcakes from Just Baked for my bridal shower and they were a huge hit, I think they were 1.50 a piece. Another option I have heard other brides use is Holiday Market (Canton and Royal Oak) I heard they were really affordable
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sams Club. 48 cupcakes for $12! :) Then buy some candies to spruce them up a bit! With 200 people I thought this would be my best route! Plus- I'm not a big cake person but I heard they are really good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not sure on the taste but I have a girlfriend who used (and recommended) VG's (grocery store for her wedding cupcakes). I just talked to them this week and they do cupcakes for $0.69 a piece. The lady I spoke with said they offer multiple flavors and will match your colors and do whatever you want to the top of them. She said it might be a bit more for flavored frosting but the savings on that from what you listed above still sounds like it would be worth it. I have had their cakes and cupcakes before for birthdays and they were always good. Maybe not melt in your mouth absolutely to die for good, but they were definitely not your average grocery store cupcakes. I think I could over look that to save an almost extra $2.50 / person. 

ETA: I will definitely be looking into this option myself. 
    I can second VG's! I worked there through high school and part of college, and my family still gets all their cakes there... for grocery store cupcakes and for the price, they're really good! 

• https://www.facebook.com/OneThirtyNineDelights

Stephanie operates out of her home and does a PHENOMENAL job!! Willing to learn new recipes and does gluten and dairy free cupcakes if that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards