Texas-Houston
Options

How much do I spend on a venue?

Hello I just got engaged and me and my fiancé are super excited. However we have no idea how much we should spend on a venue. Any ideas? Our budget is $10,000 Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Hi Emma,

I think standard budget calculators typically suggest around 1/2 of your budget on the venue, including food and drink.

I would suggest breaking down your $10,000 into categories based on what you think you want to spend/and the importance.

Main costs of a wedding:
    --Ceremony costs/officiant
    --Reception venue, with food and drink
    --Wedding dress and accessories
    --Groom's attire
    --Wedding rings
    --Photographer
    --Videographer (this is definitely optional, but I included it incase)
    --Hair/make-up
    --Invitations
    --Flowers
    --Cake
    --DJ
    --Decor

Now, think about what your big priorities are.  Do you want to pay for professional videography?  Professional photography?  Things like flowers, decor, and hair/make-up can be optional or really cheap.  For example, you could have candle centerpieces for cheap and have everyone carry a single flower instead of a bouquet.

Some people do an iPod reception instead of a DJ
    Some people print their own invitations using cheap kits or use Vistaprint for really cheap
    Some women want an expensive dress, and therefore, you need to budget a higher amount.  Other's get a $200 dress at David's Bridal.

Wedding costs can add up real fast, but there are definitely ways to save money.  You just need to figure out what are the MOST important things to you, and then be frugal for the other categories.

For the venue, it can be cheaper to find a place that allows outside catering.  You can cut alcohol costs by doing a dry wedding or beer/wine only.  

Just some ideas!

SaveSave

Re: How much do I spend on a venue?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards