Maryland

Do we need three entrees?

Hoping to gauge opinions here - we're having our wedding on the bay and so we're having an awesome seafood entree, and since we know a lot of vegetarians, we're also having a veggie option. Fiance wants a third chicken option, but I feel like it's just more money than we need to spend.

I asked the venue if people normally do three and they said people normally do two. How necessary is it to have the third? I kinda feel like, if people don't like delicious MD seafood, they can choose the veggie option (which is a realllly delicious lasagna with tons of veggies and cheese). Also - WHO DOESN'T LIKE DELICIOUS MD SEAFOOD?!

Re: Do we need three entrees?

• Plenty of people don't like seafood of a lasagna filled with veggies. It's much harder to screw up chicken than it is to screw up seafood. So as a guest, I'm going with the safe option.  I've had far too many disappointing wedding meals to be in any way adventurous with my food selection. I'm with your FI on this one.
  • We officially offered two choices (beef and chicken) and had a vegetarian option by request.

A lot of people don't like seafood. If my DH was going to your wedding, he'd want meat since he doesn't do seafood or vegetarian options.
  • Unless your seafood is either crab (in the form of a crab cake) or shrimp (in a marinara over pasta or in bowl full of old bay steamed shrimp goodness) I won't eat it.  I also hate vegetables in my lasagna.

If it doesn't cost you anything extra to have the third option then offer a chicken entree.  And even if it does you may be surprised just how many people choose a simple chicken dish over seafood or a veggie lasagna.

• We are still coming up with the official menu choices for our wedding, but we are to choose two. For one, we know for sure we are going to go with Filet. The other, we are currently looking at Rockfish with Lump Crab Meat in a Champagne Sauce, but I also have the idea of chicken on the back of my mind, that it is known as the 'safe' menu item. Though with crab meat and another dish, I feel like it is a perfect two-for-one meal for those who like crab, and may not like rockfish. Luckily for us though, there are no known vegetarians invited. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards