Texas-Houston

Bring Your Own Alcohol

I'm trying to cut some expense by finding a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol.  I've found a few, but they require you to use their approved vendor.  Is that how it works or are their really places that allow you to bring your own alcohol that you buy yourself?

Re: Bring Your Own Alcohol

• There are some venues that will allow you to bring your own alcohol (like you provide the alcohol for the bar) and you can pay to have bartenders there to serve drinks. I'm not sure which one but FI's co-worker did this at his wedding. We are actually considering this ourselves. 
  • lindasdylanlindasdylan member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    Is there a listing somewhere or do you have to just call each place?  I'm having a hard time finding anything online.
  • You will have to call around. Ask if they have they have liquor license and the proper insurance.
  • I know Heights Firestation lets you bring your own liquor and use your own vendor
  • Check out www.townhalltexas.com rustic venue. Bring ur own alcohol!
  • I know that Chateau Crystal and Gardens of Bammel Lane both allow you to bring in your alcohol without forcing you to go through a vendor of theirs.
  • @lindasdylan - how many ppl are estimating alcohol for?  I'm trying to compare costs myself, and I am wondering if I supply my own alcohol how much to budget so I can compare costs!

• @lindasdylan - how many ppl are estimating alcohol for?  I'm trying to compare costs myself, and I am wondering if I supply my own alcohol how much to budget so I can compare costs!

• We got married at Oak Tree Manor, and they let us bring our own alcohol. We just bought it in bulk, at Costco and Spec's. I think we spent ~$600 total, between the alcohol and barware (glasses, cocktail napkins, etc.). We saved sooo much money that way! They provided the bartenders, who I think were $200 each. We hired two of them, because we were expecting ~150 guests and didn't want there to be a long line at the bar. It worked out great. If you haven't chosen a venue yet, I highly recommend OTM! 

As far as alcohol rules go, I don't think you could bring your own alcohol and have someone in the family serve it. You have to have a licensed bartender, who has liability insurance, so be sure to factor that into the cost. Like I said, ours were $200 per bartender for a 6-hour reception.
  • Ive gone to weddings at Gardens of Bammel Lane and Heights Fire Station and both allow outside alcohol and do not require specific bartenders for the event.
  • We got married at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum and were allowed to bring in our own alcohol (beer and wine only). We also purchased our wine and beer at Specs, which allowed returns on unopened bottles and cases. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards