California-San Diego

San Diego Beach Wedding Venue Ideas??

Hello all!  I am looking for a wedding venue (ceremony and reception) in San Diego.  I would like to stay around Mission Beach/Pacific Beach/ La Jolla area.  I want the venue to be on the water, or at the very least within walking distance so guests have a view of it and can walk to the beach if they want.  I am going to have about 100 guests and want the reception to be indoors.  I would prefer the ceremony to be on a balcony overlooking the ocean but I can be flexible with the ceremony.  I also want to try to stay at 20k or less for everything, if this is even possible given what I want?  Please let me know if you have any venue suggestions.  Thank you :):) 

Re: San Diego Beach Wedding Venue Ideas??

• Scripps Seaside Forum is AMAZING. They book out pretty far in advance but totally fits the bill for what you're looking for!
  • Thank you for the suggestion.  I looked into them but they are booked on Saturdays during the time I am looking for (Sept/Oct/Nov of 2014)... you are right they book up fast!
  • You might want to check out the inn at sunset cliffs. As of a couple weeks ago they had a couple spots open in September and they definitely fit your concept of getting married on a balcony. The biggest problem is their inability to accommodate you for an indoor reception, but they have tenting options. The rental fee for the day is 6500 for 105 people and you have to get the hotel booked the night of your wedding (24 rooms). While 6500 is kind of steep, you can bring in all your own vendors.

If you are interested, I would call ASAP.
  • Try the La Jolla Shores Hotel.  It can definitely accommodate 100 guests, you can have the reception indoors, and you can have the ceremony in their courtyard or on the beach.  I don't know about the prices, but it's definitely worth a look.  Their chefs are the same as the chefs for the Marine Room, so the food is really really good!
  • Check out the Martin Johnson house in La Jolla. It's owned by UCSD and booked up well in advance, but it is indoor/outdoor. It's not walking distance to the water but it has ocean views.
  • Paradise Point sounds like it would be right up your alley.  The venue is located on 44 acres of private beaches and gardens on Mission Bay.  I'm actually having my reception there in October in a room that overlooks the Bay. :)  Check it out!
  • Jaclyn 05 said:
    Paradise Point sounds like it would be right up your alley.  The venue is located on 44 acres of private beaches and gardens on Mission Bay.  I'm actually having my reception there in October in a room that overlooks the Bay. :)  Check it out!
    Paradise Point is a great suggestion! I hadn't thought of it because it's the bay not the ocean but it's beautiful and gives a similar feel. On that note, also check out The Catamaran on Mission Bay.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    trihnaty said:
    If you need a great caterer who will make an addition to your Beach/Bay theme giveXXXXXXXXXXXXXa call.    They cook on-site and have beautiful presentation & excellent customer service. Creates a unique atmosphere for your wedding.
    @knotporscha - this poster has only posted 4 times and they are all to advertise this caterer. Please review for terms of service -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards