Flowers
Options

Florist Quotes!!??

So my fiance and I just got our first quote from our florist.

We have a budget of $1200. We told our florist that and she did let us know it would be "tight". I got her quote today and was sorta shocked that "tight" was over $600 more then what we budgeted. 

Here's her quote:

Brides bouquet - A stunning bouquet features red and orange roses and mango calla lilies adorned with miniature roses and fresh green hypericum berries              175.00
Toss Bouquet - free of charge    
Maid of honor - (black dress) - A beautiful bouquet features red and orange roses adorned with miniature roses and fresh green hypericum berries.               80.00
Bridesmaids (4) - same as maid of honor              320.00
Flower Girl (1) 3 yrs old - TBD  
Groom - An elegant boutonniere features a mango calla lily.               15.00
Best Man - Mango Calla Lily Boutonniere               15.00
Groomsmen (4) - Mango Cally Lily Boutonnieres               60.00
Ringbearer (young, 1.5 yrs) - A petite boutonniere  
2 Fathers and 2 Grandfathers - Mango Calla Lily Boutonnieres               60.00
Mothers (2) - Beautiful mango calla lily wrist corsages (@$45/each)               90.00
Centerpieces (9)- Orange pumpkins are adorned with green hydrangea, roses and seasonal blooms (@$100/each)              900.00

Delivery and Set Up               50.00

Anyone have any advice. I did ask that we do not do flowers for grandparents. Too many divorces and remarriages and although its not as costly. We'd rather not have that expense. Also, I let her know we won't do pumpkins. I'm sure she's adding in the labor of hollowing the pumpkins out. Our reception site proves hurricanes. I don't mind being a $100 or so more but $600 is a lot more then "tight"

I'm in CT.

Re: Florist Quotes!!??

• Options
    I'm sorry but if you told her that your budget was $1200 then she should have respected that and made some adjustments. It would be similar as going to a dress shop, telling them your budget, and then them only bringing out dresses that were above that budget.

I would call her and tell her thanks for the quote but like you told her from the get go, you have strict budget and $600 over that budget is not going to work.

• Options
    Oh and $1200 is a good chunk of change so your florist should be able to easily work within that budget.  And I am from MD where everything is expensive and I used to work at a florist and your budget was typically our average wedding so I know it can be done.

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I have worked with her and we decided to do DIY centerpieces. Which cut our flowers to $900! 

• Options
    Where in CT are you? I have a great florist and our centerpieces are only $50 with similar flowers (no pumpkins).

• Options
    What florist was that in CT? I want to know who stay away from! I went to the bridal show at Amarantes this past weekend, and LOVED talking to the ladies at Wallingford Flower Shoppe. She stressed how much they will work with ANY budget. Also, the examples at Forget Me Not (North Haven) were gorgeous, but they seemed a little on the expensive side.
  • Options
    Its Whisconier in Brookfield. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards