Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Disposable cameras

I always liked the idea of giving guest disposable cameras and collecting them all at the end of the reception, not to take the place of a professional photog, but I think you would get some real interesting candids. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Re: Disposable cameras

• Options
    People don't use them bc of cell phones. And they are expensive to develop :( you could set a hashtag for people to post them on Facebook or instagram instead.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    cjeanmaq said:
    I always liked the idea of giving guest disposable cameras and collecting them all at the end of the reception, not to take the place of a professional photog, but I think you would get some real interesting candids. Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Ditto photokitty.  I would feel like I'm transported back to the early 90s if I saw disposable cameras.  I think you would be sorely disappointed in the candids you got.
  • Options
    I would rather use an instagramm hastag or ask guests if the have any good pictures taken that they would like to share withyou afterwards. It's a lot cheaper,more cost efficient, environmental friendly and the photos end up having a better quality than those taken with cheap disposable cameras. 

• Options
    We used WedPics, a free app and website, to collect people's photos after our wedding. And a lot of our friends posted photos on Facebook.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards