March 2015 Weddings
Options

themes/colors

What is everyone's theme or color scheme?

We are going with pastels and a rustic/vintage vibe centering around books.  I am an avid reader and book lover!  I also just love the quote "Once in a while in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale."

Re: themes/colors

• Options
    Love it!!

We are doing gray and coral.. black/white tuxes, gray bridesmaid dresses, and coral flowers/accents. Our decor doesn't really have a theme, but despite it being a currently tacky pinterest trend I do love the use of mason jars and chalkboards so we will be using them. Kind of a shabby chic/rustic elegance vibe I guess!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our colors are green, grey. I am also thinking about adding a little bit of orange, I'm not sure about that though.
  • Options
    Jtsma10Jtsma10 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014

We are thinking black, white and emerald. We want to keep it classy, elegant and timeless. I'm thinking black dresses for bridesmaids with an emerald sash and the opposite for my jr bridesmaid. My FI hasn't decided yet on what he wants for the guys but it'll probably be the same answer I get for most wedding decisions. "Whatever you want babe!" Lol

• Options
    ntoscano4ntoscano4 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Our colors are Mint, Coral, light pink, and Gold. I;m so in love with these colors! Thank you Pinterest!! Theme.. not sure yet. We are having our wedding in Puerto Vallarta. I think once I choose hotel and/or venue we'll go from there. We are going on may to choose and book the place. I am so excited!!!
  • Options
    @Jtsma10 I love it!  My FI says that all the time.  I get frustrated with him.
  • Options
    I'm still deciding! I think I've narrowed it down to two MUST haves which are gold and emerald. So Maybe cream, emerald and gold? Ugh, I don't know. This is hard! haha
  • Options

Right now I'm really liking eggplant and grey. Initially I wanted emerald and grey, but my FI is from Ireland, we're getting married in March - didn't want it to look like a leprachaun theme!

• Options
    My colors are royal blue, gold, and ivory. Im doing royal blue dresses for bridesmaids with ivory bouquets, gold jewelry and gold ribbon on bouquets. No theme besides a traditional New Orleans wedding which is i guess, FUN!
  • Options
    I haven't decided on the colors 100% yet but right now I'm thinking about using pink and red.

• Options
    We are doing turquoise and silver.
  • Options
    Pretty color schemes ladies.  :)

• Options
    Told my MOH to look at black dresses and I know I want red for all the flowers. So I guess ultimately black and red. It worked out perfectly because that's part of the color scheme of the reception site, a restaurant in black, ivory, red, hunter green, with touches of silver and gold.
  • Options
    Gold and blush pink accents. I love my colors. It's the only part of my wedding other than the date that's actually set in stone lol
  • Options
    Navy and grey! The girls will be in navy & and the guys in grey tuxes. Green & white flowers along with some burlap and natural colors (we're getting wooden bouquets & boutonnieres!) 

Mason jars and lanterns for centerpieces, way overdone with the whole mason jar thing but our son's name is Mason so we thought it'll be really cute especially when people put it together! :) Chalkboards and so on and so forth lol. Definitely rustic-ish!
  • Options
    We will be doing medium blue with yellow accents/flowers. Guys will likely be in light tan suits. We don't really have a theme other than sticking with the style of the venue, which is an older, southern manor house with a lovely saucer magnolia out front.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are doing a "rock and roll" theme! My fiance is a guitarist and I am a singer. He first played for me on a gorgeous, emerald green guitar that fades to a darker green on the outside of the body. Our color scheme is green and charcoal grey, pretty much based off that guitar. :D
  • Options
    We are doing navy, lavender, and bright yellow accents. I want the groomsmen in gray suits. I can't wait!
  • Options
    we are doing a "rock and roll" theme! My fiance is a guitarist and I am a singer. He first played for me on a gorgeous, emerald green guitar that fades to a darker green on the outside of the body. Our color scheme is green and charcoal grey, pretty much based off that guitar. :D
    Sounds like so much fun! I love it!

imageimage

• Options
    Our colors are coral & navy.  Pearls are going to be a big part of it also.. my bouquet, centerpieces, etc.  Guys are going to be in gray.
  • Options
    @Jtsma10 I love it!  My FI says that all the time.  I get frustrated with him.
    I think we sometimes forget that we're the ones that have been planning a wedding for decades, while they've been playing with sticks and mud! My future SIL and her FI (wedding date July 27, 2014) have been having this same "issue". I don't think it's a terrible issue to have though. I think he just wants her to have the wedding of her dreams and assumes she already knows how it's going to go.

I know you would like his input, but if he says "do whatever you want, babe"... go do it and enjoy it! This is supposed to be fun. Make sure to invite him to cake tasting though, they love that! Hahaha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "It’s not hard to find someone who tells you they love you, its hard to find someone who actually means it"
  • Options
    We flip flopped on our wedding date a lot going back and forth between March and May and now that we have finally settled on March I really need to decide on my colors once and for all. I am having a really hard time though!
  • Options
    We're considering navy and gray, too, or another combination of blue and yellow. 
  • Options
    We're getting married on Pi Day, and because we're both in the sciences we're having a "nerd themed" wedding. Our colors are mint with lilac and cream accents.
  • Options
    Originally I wanted my literary theme (we're both English education majors) to shine over my color scheme of grey and yellow, but once we fell in love with and booked our venue, I realized that they'd have everything covered as far as decoration. And I realized why would I want to spend more money on book centerpieces and invest time into making an arch out of books that may or may not fall apart when they already have a beautiful little gazebo we'd get married under?
    So, we're having our theme mutely reflected through out March 15 date (The Tragedy of Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare), our birch tree cake ("Birches" by Robert Frost), some favorite literary love quotes placed on our tables (gift table, favor table, and guest book table), and possibly through our vows. :)
    Grey BM dresses with yellow accessories, grey tuxes for the guys. Just really excited to get everything put together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     We are gong for the Peach, Gold, Whites, very traditional colors. 
  • Options
    Jtsma10Jtsma10 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

@Kimifrid- There's nothing wrong with traditional, sometimes it can get pushed to the side or forgotten. Modern is very pretty, but there will always be a new modern. When you look at your wedding pictures 40 years later, will you still be happy with the choices you've made? I bet you will, and I know I will too :)  

• Options
    I've chosen shades of purple (purple, eggplant, lavender & fuchsia) for our wedding colors. Still debating if the guys are going to wear black or grey suits. I just love the way purple flowers, lighting, dresses etc. looks
  • Options
    Our colors are navy and lavender, with a soft green (think succulents) as an accent color. I haven't decided what the guys will be wearing yet, but I know my bridesmaids are all wearing short navy dresses! 
  • Options
    We've ended up with blue (something bright, like cerulean) and a pale yellow. Not sure yet what my person of honor will wear, she's picking her own dress since she doesn't have to match anybody.
  • Options
    Black, White, Tan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards