June 2014 Weddings

A "Final" Guest List

How many of you have a final (FINAL --no additions, changes, etc.) guest list? 

Ours is getting there.  We placed a priority on out of state/country guests so I could get the StD's out in November.  We will be mailing the invites to Canada (about 1/2 of the guests) in March.  My FI is convinced there will be many declines from this list we will be able to invite more local people when those go out in May.  So, he keeps adding people to the list.  At this point, we need at least 20 declines just to fit into our venue (170-ish on the list, max capacity is 150).  
He is freaking me out!
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A "Final" Guest List

• Don't have a final guest list yet.  We sent out STD's to the major of our guest list and there is a list of another 10 people or so that are may be's depending on how the budgetwas going.  So there may be a few more.  We probably won't finalize until we are sending out the invitations. 

I would not invite more people than your venue holds @wabanzi I've been in so many weddings were the couple invited some guests that they thought would be declines and the wound up showing up.  It's better not to stress and only invite the amount of people the venue can hold. 

Anniversary

• Don't have a final guest list yet.  We sent out STD's to the major of our guest list and there is a list of another 10 people or so that are may be's depending on how the budgetwas going.  So there may be a few more.  We probably won't finalize until we are sending out the invitations. 

I would not invite more people than your venue holds @wabanzi I've been in so many weddings were the couple invited some guests that they thought would be declines and the wound up showing up.  It's better not to stress and only invite the amount of people the venue can hold. 

Agreed!  Which is why he is freaking me out.  When we send out the international invites, we may have no room to invite our in-town guests.  I don't know how else to explain it to him.  Ugh.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is final, other than my mom debating if she wants to invite old co-workers or not. I have all the addresses though other than one, which is my dad's cousin who just moved.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards