Michigan-Detroit

Question about your photographers

*elle.*elle. member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in Michigan-Detroit
I'm new to this board, but I've been reading through the posts and have a question about how much your photographer cost and what that includes.  I absolutely LOVE our photographer, but we are paying a lot more than most have posted.  I'm just trying to gauge what is included for what you're paying.

Please share!

Re: Question about your photographers

• Ok, so maybe it will help if I start! :)

We are paying $4240 for our photography.  This includes: 2 photographers for 8 hours; engagement photo session with a disk of all photos and rights to all photos (which we've already done and the photos were fabulous); the rights to all wedding day photos online and on a disk; and a leather bound album of the wedding day photos.
  • We are getting all the same as you are and I paid 1250$ and she is amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Elle,

I'm in the same boat as you, it's hard to know where to begin-  doing extensive research this week, my opinion is that you can definitely find someone in the $1000-2000 range, who will deliver very nice, very "regular" photos.  To get a higher quality, creative and unique product, you're looking closer to $4000 and up.  It just depends on how important the photos are to you I suppose and how particular you are-  I'm sure most people would be very happy with photographers that I am not at all interested in! 

I'm curious who you are going with?  I had my heart set on JLB (www.jlbwedding.com) but he's not available the date of my wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm paying $3200 for one photographer (plus her travel fees from NYC). http://www.joyeusephotography.com/
    I get her for the entire day, and it includes a high-res disc of beautiful, edited photos as well as online access. :)
    I'm not getting all the extra stuff, but that's okay with me since I can do that myself later anyways. :) 

• @carliealissa sorry I just saw your post! We booked Margaret Newton. She really does a great job, but she isn't cheap! She did a lot of the photography for the Junior League of Birmingham (I was a member), and photographed my friend's wedding, so I knew I loved her work. We also loved our engagement photos. If you're still looking, she's definitely worth meeting with. Her photo books are amazing! :)
  • Thanks for the tip!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My photographer is Amanda Williams... she is amazing! the cost is $1450 and she includes coverage starting two hours prior to ceremony, around 1500 images that are burned to DVD and all rights (photo release) given to you, she chooses around 225 photos to "edit", a professional binder album with names engraved filled with the edited images in a 4x6 format, 10 5x7 printed images... to also have an engagement session it is an additional $150. I would look into her if you are still interested. She comes with such high remarks and doesn't up her price just because she can. 
  • Ha Breanna I just saw this, and we are meeting with Amanda in a few weeks.  Coincidence!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I dont have any personal experience but I have seen a lot of Amanda Williams work and it is gorgeous! Some others in the area whose work I love include Abbey Rose and Amy Boeve. We have a meeting set up with Bak Photography next week only because I won a gift certificate from them at a bridal show. Figured it can't hurt to check out their work. 
  • We're going with Jason Switzer: http://www.jasonswitzerphotography.com/

He's still fairly new, so his prices are reasonable and his work is great!
  • Great! I hope she works out for you! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards