Connecticut

Wedding in 7 weeks - Haven't found a Church

Hey girls 

So i am really stressing out at the moment. I just arrived to the US two weeks ago and we need to find a Church urgently for our wedding on March 1. We are having our reception at the Lounsbury in Ridgefield (Fairfield County). Does anyone know any cute smallish Churches (non Catholic) that are anywhere near the Lounsbury House or no more than 20-25 mins away that do not cost an arm and a leg!?

Thank you so much

Re: Wedding in 7 weeks - Haven't found a Church

• you might have a problem finding a church that will do a ceremony for you.

one is you are not a member of the church

and second they want to know that your both committed to each other 

i am getting married in an armenian orthodox church and we dont have to do any of those classes that the catholics do.

i would call a bunch of churches in the area and see who can do it for you
  • We are both committed Christians and my fiance has a home Church but unfortunately that Church is too far from the reception so it is so difficult to organise! 

We were thinking of having the ceremony at the reception place but i have always wanted to get married in a Church and by getting married at the reception place, we don't get to have much f a chance for photos after the ceremony. We definately are not for a first look photo shoot.
  • If you have both the ceremony and reception at Lounsbury, you would take photos while your guests have cocktail hour, if you do not want to have photos before the ceremony. 

Even if you wouldn't have to participate in pre-cana the way you would for a Catholic ceremony, many churches will require you to prove that at least one of you is an actively practicing member of that faith.  Some requirements may take more than the 7 weeks you have. A non-denominational chapel is probably going to be your best bet. 

http://newtownmeetinghouse.com/- The Newtown Meeting House- the fee is $650 plus a refundable 100$ security deposit.  This is a non-denominational chapel about 30 minutes from Lounsbury.  I don't love the idea of a 30 minute drive but it's not the worst drive I've had between ceremony and reception. You could start cocktail hour 30 minutes after the ceremony (so right when guests arrive at Lounsbury) while you take pictures at the chapel, then drive over to Lounsbury arriving approximately when cocktail hour ends for your guests. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards