Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Now I'm crazy. Decorations?

I've decided to go very minimal for my reception. There's flowers on the tables. And that's about it? The venue I'm using has windows on two of the walls, looking out over an adorable park. The rest of the area is nice, but not super fancy or anything? Should I do more decorations? We're doing it at Pinstripes, which is a bowling/bocce restaurant, but it's not...a bowling alley, if you get my drift? So we're not even going to be in the actual dining area all that much. 

I'm not really decorating at all at the ceremony either. Should I do that?

You guys, 34 days out, I'm realizing that I should never have had a wedding. We should've just gone on a destination wedding with just the two of us. My photographer just e-mailed me saying, "Oh yeah! You still owe x Amount....right? That sounds about right." What have I gotten myself into?

Re: Now I'm crazy. Decorations?

• Options
    All we had on the tables were our centerpieces. The only other decorating we did at the reception was that I painted and rhinestoned wooden letters to say "Sweets," "Gifts," "Wishes," and our last name for the Sweetheart Table. For the ceremony, the only decorating we did was flowers on the aisle. We got married outside, though, so we let nature do the decorating for us, as you can see in my pics. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Breathe!!! In 34 days, you're getting married. If you are married by the end of the day, you are a success! Go out with FI on a date/activity and don't talk about the wedding. Just breathe together. 

Anyway, it sounds like your venue has got enough natural decor that you shouldn't need to do much beyond what's on the tables. Slap some centerpieces on there and call it good. 

For the ceremony, same thing. If you don't want to mess with decorations, don't. 
  • Options
    PHEW OKAY. I thought I was weird that I didn't want to care about decorations. 
  • Options
    Nah, you're good. Sometimes letting the venue/setting do the talking is best (reference Addie's beautiful ceremony picture). 
  • Options
    The only decorations we had were our very simple centerpieces. When combined with the linens and the decor that was already there, it was plenty. If you are happy, then relax. No need to go spending your money on things you didn't want.
  • Options
    The only decorations we had were our centerpieces, votives, and our tablecloths (if you can even call that a decoration).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards