Honeymoon Discussions

Jamaica vs Punta Cana

We finally have narrowed our honeymoon choices down to two!! Punta Cana and Jamaica. I really like the Iberostar Grand resorts at both locations. I've been to PC once before, neither my FI nor I have been to Jamaica. I've read reviews on TripAdvisor, both locations are within our budget, appear to have good food, and access to excursions. The beaches in Jamaica look amazing but I've read more than one review about the excess of vendors, etc on the beach being an issue. We will be going very end of March/early April next year. I would love to hear any opinions on either location!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jamaica vs Punta Cana

• What location in Jamaica? I haven't been yet (going for my honeymoon) but my mom's a travel agent and she says the Ochos Rios side is kind of dumpy and vendors and the beaches are great. She sends everyone to Negril side of the island. 

• The Iberostar is in Rose Hall... I looked at Couples Swept Away in Negril, I loved all the included excursions but I like the Iberostar because everyone gets butler service and hey what about that doesn't sound nice?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jenna8984 where did you book your honeymoon, if you don't mind me asking??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Swept Away! My mom has been to literally every resort on Jamaica for free because of her job and she chooses Swept Away for her paid vacations because she loves it so much. It's got it's own private 7 mile beach and there are so many extras included like sunset catamaran cruises and water skiing. Her second favorite is Sandals Whitehouse on the southern side of the island. 

• I was able to look back in the Honeymoon forum and find some answers, so this thread can be closed if needed :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards