March 2014 Weddings

Bridesmaids Gifts

edited January 2014 in March 2014 Weddings
I was having a hard time determining what I plan to give as Bridesmaid Gifts, but I narrowed it down over the weekend.

Here is what I plan to give them:
  • Canvas Tote Bag w/their Initials Monogramed on them (The Knot Wedding Shop: Small Personalized Canvas Tote <-Click!).  They're offering free personalization.  I took them up on this!!!
  • Cosmetic Bag w/their first initial embroidered on them (The Knot Wedding Shop: Colorblock Cosmetic bag <-Click!). They're offering free personalization.  I took them up on this!!! I plan to put "Bridesmaid Survival Kit" stuff inside (Band aid, aspirin, deodorant, chap stick, etc).  I just have to hit up either Target or Walmart for their trial/travel size stuff.
  • Personalized Pashmina with their initials monogramed on one side of it (my mother's making them).  These are going to be used/worn for outside pictures and during church (have to have shoulders covered in church!).
  • Handmade beaded bracelet and earring set.  (My mother and I will be making them). This will be something that they will be wearing to go with their dress.  
I'm still debating on whether or not I am going to splurge and get personalized hangers or if I'm going to go out and purchase hangers to personalize them myself (with their name on the wood portion).  I may not do it at all, it all depends on how much I plan to spend on the girls.  I still have to get a flower girl gift, but I have a feeling I know exactly what to get her.  :o)

What is everyone planning to get their bridesmaids?  What about Flowergirl(s) gift?  

61 days away and I'm freaking out!!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts

• I think that is all lovely :)  My ladies gifts just came in the other day!   So pearl is a part of my "theme" I guess you can say, and instead of having flower bouquets, my girls and I will be rocking pearl brooch bouquets that I made. This is kinda also a gift as it is a keepsake versus flowers that die and get tossed within a few days.  With that said, I got them all a simple pearl stud earrings/necklace strand for gifts which I will be making personalized boxes for (kinda like the ones on Etsy that say "Name, thank you for being my bridesmaid" type of thing.   I'm also doing personalized dress hangers, and a cream colored pashmina since it will most likely be cold out our wedding weekend.  Lasly a personalized champagne flute with a mini shot-glass sized bottle of champagne :)  I got everything for such great bargains (about $65 per girl [6 girls]) so I figured WHY NOT :)

For my flower girl I am also going to get her a smaller pearl stud/necklace set.  That is all :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I finally figured out what to get my bridesmaids!  We're not having any children in our wedding, so that's one less gift to have to figure out. 
    • My sister/MOH specifically asked for some stackable initial rings for her birthday, but since I already bought her bday gift months ago, I can get those for her BM gift.  They're definitely more than I had wanted to spend, so I'm going to check with a family friend who is a jeweler if he can make them for me.  
    • My other 2 BMs have Pandora Bracelets.  I plan on getting them charms for their bracelets, possibly the birthstones of their kids or something non-wedding related. 
    I don't count it as part of their BM gift, but I also bought them grey pashminas, flip flops, and personalized hangers. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am taking the girls to lunch and get mani/pedi's the day before. As far as a physical gift I got them each a scarf with matching earrings. I still haven't decided if I am giving them jewelry for the day of. In the mean time they know silver and dainty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of these gifts sound so nice and thoughtful! You all must have wonderful ladies in your bridal party. I do too, I can't wait to have them up there with me :)

I had a friend  draw my FI and me for our save the dates and wedding invites. Everyone loved it! So my mom had the idea of going back to my friend and asking him to draw each of my bridesmaids and I could print them out nicely and give it them in an engraved frame. Still have to order the frames. Ha! We think it is a really thoughtful gift and hope the girls like them. What do you guys think?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my bridesmaids a tote bag from ThirtyOne with their name embroidered on it, a pair of flip flops, a face mask, hand lotion from VS, body scrub from VS, a nail file set from VS, a bracelet and earrings to wear for the ceremony, a journal, a personalized lunch bag from ThirtyOne with their name (I'm packing them a lunch for the day of), a small hand sanitizer thing from BBW with a frog case, and I feel like there's a few other things I put in their bag - but I can't recall off-hand.

My flower girl is three and into arts and crafts. I bought her a Disney Princess bath paint set.

We haven't a clue what to get the guys (my FI's three brothers)
  • I have 4 bridesmaids. They got wedding and non wedding related gifts.

Wedding related : pink mens dress shirt with their first name initial on the pocket.
    Pearl necklace, earring, bracelet set

Not wedding related : hand sanitizer
    Purse hook
    Hand sanitizer purse attachment
    Glass beer mug with candy
    Decorated wine glass to their liking
  • I have 4 bridesmaids. They got wedding and non wedding related gifts. Wedding related : pink mens dress shirt with their first name initial on the pocket. Pearl necklace, earring, bracelet set Not wedding related : hand sanitizer Purse hook Hand sanitizer purse attachment Glass beer mug with candy Decorated wine glass to their liking
    That sounds like a really cool gift.  Where are you getting the wine glasses?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I got one on e- bay, 2 on ESTY and one at Halmark.
    The one from Halmark is a co. Called Lolita. Also carried at Macy's who runs sales on them every few months. The co. Also has a web site you can parooze.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards