Wisconsin

Vendor Review-10/8/11

Hi ladies just wanted to give everyone some reviews on my special day. weather was perfect and so were most of my vendors.  sorry a bit long but i want to be specific for all the brides needing a little help.

Ceremony/Rehearsal dinner-Sevens Seas Restaurant  in Hartland. A.Amanda was awesome to work with. She gave us everything we wanted. When we origanlly looked at this location(we wanted to get marred on the lake) the two options that they have for ceremony we were not sold on so we came up with our own location at the restaurant. when we asked her if we could do it she said no one had ever asked to get married on the grass she immediately went to supervisor and they gave us the go ahead. we were a one of kind wedding there and that is pretty awesome. the day/weather was perfect that day. Reahearsal dinner and space was awesome. a little pricey but well worth being on the lake on a beautiful night!

Reception-Old World Wisconsin in Eagle, WI-A When we looked into receptions we wanted something different and unique and this place had it. A big octagon barn from the 1800's . LOved it the second i walked in. A Con is that u have to pay for every chair and table indiviually and for stringing lights. so that was a big cost right there. The food was good everyone raved about it . i was a little dissapoinited in the mashed poatoes(much better at our tasting) but  everyone else seemed to enjoy food. The wait staff and bartenders were very nice. The catering manager ANdrea was easy to work with.

Salon-NU Attitude in Wales, Wi- A. I got hair and make-up done thru them. Courtney did my hair and other Courtney did my makeup. I went on a suggestion for this place and was very happy! Courtney my hairstylist  worked so well with me. she was not letting me get out of that chair unless i was smiling from ear to ear. I had her fix the same piece of hair about 10 Times( normally am not a picky bride) and she was so awesome about. They allowed us to bring in breakfast and mamosas.  They are a younger trendier crowd which was perfect for me. the only draw back was that they have 2 seperate rooms so u were not all together in the morning.They were very reasonably priced too!

Flowers- Gregory and Company.-Brookfield , WI-A++++. The flowers were something that I still am talking about.  I didnt really want too many flowers thought they were a wast of money but everyone insisted I had to have them. My aunt has used gregory a couple times and she just raved about him . he is gay and fabulous and his visions of what u are describing are just beautiful. I was scared going into it cause all the flowers he was thinking I have never heard of( i AM NO GREEN THUMB) but he guarenteed me that it would be beautiful and he delivered.i  was looking for a wildflower look and tha is what he gave me. He used a rose called the sahara rose. so beautiful and perefect with  the dresses and guys tuxes.

Photographer( I had 2, so bare with me) . We were on a tight budget with this wedding so I had hired a professional photographer (a&a photgraphy) to just do the ceremony and a couple of formal pics after. MY husband's uncle was going to come to do just reception pics. but cancelled at the last minute so I took to Craiglist. There I found a photographer (aaron) who is just trying to get started in this business and was offering a free wedding to a bride so he could have for a portfolio. I thought it was a scam. After emailing lots back and forth he told me that he would be at the salon in the morning cause he didnt want me to miss the before moments and he actually showed! He was awesome! perfect personality to fit in with me and my 7 bridesmaids. so here is review

Aaron-Aaronjamesphotography@smugmug.com. A+- Aaron did a great job. He stuck with me from 9 am til after all the first dances were done and then some. He took great shots of something that I didnt see would be a good photographic moment. looking at his website u might not see much of my ceremony because other photgraphers were taking pics. i highly reccomemnd him. he had great ideas and great personality. He is still developing his website so bare with him. but it is cool to me that my wedding is the feature on his site. since he is just starting off I am sure his rates would be lower.

A&A Photography-B- I am not sure if it was  cause i only paid them for 2 hours and i wasnt an all day event but this couple seemed a little distracted. They didnt give great direction to what we we should do theyy stuck us in front of a tree and me and my husband just kept staring at eachother. I was a little upset until I saw the pics. there were so  many great and fantastic pics that they shot that I didnt even know they were taking. The soft colors they use for editing are beautiful!
For only 2 hours they still gave over 500 images with disk and rights.

P.s. all my pics on here are taken by Aaronjamesphotography@smugmug.com

Dresses/Tuxes- (brookfield)got my tuxes thru Mens's Wearhouse- No problems there all the guys tuxes fit and it ran very smoothly. Got the brown tux from there all the guys were complaining cause they didnt want to look like UPS guys but they all looked great and they loved them on:) My dress and bm dresses are from Davids bridal(i was on a budget) . didnt have very many problems. have heard lots of horror stories about davids bridal but I was happy. a family friend did alterations.

My day ended up being excatly what I wanted. different and unique from any other wedding we have been to. I am hoping with these reviews I can help someone elses day be perfect too!

Re: Vendor Review-10/8/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards