Wisconsin
Options

Reception Help

Hey Ladies,

Looking for a reception venue in the milwaukee, wauwatosa, glendale, shorewood area that will hold about 200 guests, allow you to bring in your own food.

I have checked the County Parks Already

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Re: Reception Help

• Options
    hdheinzhdheinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean bring in your own food, as in bring in homemade food?  Or bring in your own licensed caterer (whoever you want)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bring in homemade food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin was in a wedding that had the reception at the South Shore Pavilion.  I'm pretty positive my Aunt did the catering for it...and she's not a liscensed professional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wauwatosa women's club is beautiful!
  • Options
    jmleczkojmleczko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do not use zili hospitality group!!!! beware! (miller room, harbor lights room, coast)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Care to elaborate, jmleczko?  We are using them and I'm curious.  I have had a few issues so far, but nothing major.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have a reception budget of about $8000 for around 200 people. This amount has to include food, beverages (beer, wine & soda) as well as the gratuity and tip. Does anyone have any suggestions for the Milwaukee area?

The only place I've really found so far that fits my budget is The Lakefront Palms Garden. Is anyone using this place for their reception or has anyone been to a wedding there?

Thanks for your help!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have heard good things about the Palm Garden. I coworker of mine had his daughters wedding there. It is a pretty neat place with quite the beer selection. The only catch is that you can't begin decorating until after their brewery tours are done. So you would need to have a group of friends or family go and set up your reception location. Aside from that I can't see why it wouldn't be a good place.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards