New Jersey
Options

North Jersey reception questions!

Hi all.

I am looking for a north Jersey venue that has great food, good ambiance and maybe a pricing of under $140/head for a Saturday.  I am new to all of this...anyone have suggestions?
I have a running list of places to check:
Nanina's in the Park
Westmount CC (west paterson)
Wilshire Grand (west orange)
Il Tulipano
Park Savoy
Meadow Wood Manor

Any feedback is helpful!
THANK YOU

Re: North Jersey reception questions!

• Options
    Nanina's, Westmount, & Park Savoy are over $140 for a Saturday night.

I don't know anything about the Wilshire Grand as they never returned my call when we were looking.

I LOVED Il Tulipano - it made me cry - and it is in your price range although sadly was not in mine.

I went to a wedding at Meadow Wood a few years ago. I do not know what they paid but the cocktail hour food was awesome. The dinner food was fine but nothing amazing.
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but I think Park Savoy may also be beyond your budget.  

What time of year are you looking?  And how far in advance?  

We started looking at venues about 18 months out, and were given their regular pricing.  Because we were looking for off-season (late March), some places were willing to lower their prices by about 10%.  A few other brides I know who were more flexible and working with a shorter timeframes were able to negotiate more. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Somerset Hills Inn, I think they started at $99++ when we talked to them
    Madison Hotel, this would cut it close on your budget, about $130++
    Highlawn Pavilion, our wedding in May on a Saturday night is 120pp++ 
    Olde Mill Inn, again cutting close on budget, I think they start at $135++

Obviously I'm partial to Highlawn, but all of these were nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I just booked The Atrium in West Orange... it is fantastic! SUPER reasonable with prices and you get the whole place to yourself, and the food is phenomenal!!
  • Options
    The Tides is definitely in your price range - just need min 175 guests I think (we had to pass)
  • Options
    Can't go wrong at Il Tulipano.  I'm not sure about the current price, but you get the ENTIRE place to yourself and the food is among the best, if not the best, out of the list you mentioned.
  • Options
    We just priced Nanina's and it was really high, they own the Park Savoy so I think they would be comparable.  A friend's son just booked Il Tulipano and they were very happy with the price.
  • Options
    ellnd4 said:
    The Tides is definitely in your price range - just need min 175 guests I think (we had to pass)
    You can get the smaller room for less than that. My friend got married there on a Saturday night in August and only had 125 people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ellnd4 said:
    You can get the smaller room for less than that. My friend got married there on a Saturday night in August and only had 125 people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Park Savoy (November wedding) on a Saturday evening, and it's over $140pp. I'm not sure what their rates would be for a Friday or Sunday or for January/February/March, but I remember those months and days being more flexible pricing-wise. 

As pp said, Nanina's is owned by the same people as the Park Savoy, so their pricing is similar. When looking, we also checked out Westmount CC, which was over $140pp for a Saturday night. 

I've heard really good things about Il Tulipano, but I'm not sure about their pricing. 

You may want to check out The Palace at Somerset...my planner suggested we go there and it seems to have a similar feel to some of the other places you listed. I'm not sure about their exact pricing, though. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wilshire Grand should be in your price range for the grand ballroom. We booked it for a Saturday October evening and its around 140+. You also save on a shuttle expenses because the hotel is attached. If you have any questions, send me a message. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you considered the Brownstone?  I got married there on a Saturday night in August and paid less than $120pp.  Albert was EXTREMELY accommodating. He basically said, "Tell me what price you're looking at and we'll make it happen." We also only had about 100 people.
  • Options
    You could check The Brownstone in Paterson NJ. The place is beautiful and it may be in your price range. 
  • Options
    MaidofToy that was our 2nd choice! We ended up going with Knoll because we wanted outdoor space but I loved the RIchfield!
  • Options
    Il Tulipano! Speak to Donald! Simply the best for your money! 
  • Options
    Don't know about food but I did get a price from the metropolitan room in Newark....$140
  • Options
    I booked at the park savoy and we got quotes from 160 to 300+ a head. If you're very flexible with your date you could probably get a Saturday night for 200 a head. If you are willing to do a twilight Sunday wedding or like a Thursday night, you can probably get lower. It might be worth it to up your budget since the park savoy includes so much.
  • Options
    I would say call all those places and see what they can do and then go look at them. You'll know when you see it. Everyone said that to me and I didn't believe them.

You never know it also depends on when you are looking to get married.  Prime time season? This year or Next? How many People are you looking to have?

I booked with the Westmount and literally cried when I walked in after looking at the room. Igot a very reasonable price that was more than competitive with the places I've been looking (il Villagio Crystal Plaza and Naninas) but I am also guaranteeing a large amount of people and booked for a friday in December.

Good Luck !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards