Favors
Options

Cheap customized socks

We're having our reception at a bowling alley, and were thinking that socks would make the perfect favor for ladies who want to slip out of their heels anyway and guys who don't want to bowl in dress socks (bowling shoes will be provided). We've found a few places that do custom socks, but we've been shocked by the prices--we haven't been able to find anything customizable (text and colors) for less than $6/pair.  This seems pretty crazy to me given that t-shirts are so much cheaper...maybe it's the small size?  Anyway, if you know of any places to get this done for less, please let me know!

Re: Cheap customized socks

• Options
    No one wants custom socks. Regular socks would do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    grumbledoregrumbledore member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    maziloramazilora member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Well I wasn't expecting them to be explicitly excited by the prospect, but you honestly think they wouldn't get thrown in the sock drawer and worn through the regular rotation?

Edit: This is not meant to be sassy or critical--I'm genuinely wondering.  It would certainly be cheaper to just do wedding colors, but I thought that would be less favor-y.
  • Options
    No, they wouldn't. MAYBE some people would wear them if they were just your wedding colors (idk what they are).
  • Options
    If you are going to do them at all, just do plain white (if you want people to ever use them again) or your wedding colors (if you really don't care if they ever use them again).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mazilora said:
    Well I wasn't expecting them to be explicitly excited by the prospect, but you honestly think they wouldn't get thrown in the sock drawer and worn through the regular rotation?

Edit: This is not meant to be sassy or critical--I'm genuinely wondering.  It would certainly be cheaper to just do wedding colors, but I thought that would be less favor-y.
    Most likely no.  I buy socks that I like and wear only them.  I have been given Christmas and Halloween socks and never once have I worn them, even on that specific holiday.  They stayed in my sock drawer for years until we finally got a new dresser and I pitched them.

If you hare having your wedding at a bowling alley and people know that they can bowel they will come prepared with their own socks.

If you want to do a favor then why not chocolates in the shape of a bowling ball and pins?

• Options
    I think this is a know your crowd kind of thing.  I love crazy and fun socks and I wear them all the time, but I would never wear a pair with someone else's names and wedding date on them.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I think this is a know your crowd kind of thing.  I love crazy and fun socks and I wear them all the time, but I would never wear a pair with someone else's names and wedding date on them.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I'd wear My Little Pony socks, but not wedding ones.

If you want to give socks, do your wedding colors or white.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree personalization to your wedding is unnecessary. If you want something quirky and somewhat personalized beyond just your colors, maybe find ones with bowling pins, or fall leaves or whatever is relevant to the season in which you're getting married, or the locale (anything with an Old English D around Detroit is money), etc. as long as you're ok with the prospect of them making cute pictures and then getting thrown away by at least a decent percentage of your guests. But no, probably not worth the investment to get your monogram or date embroidered on some socks.

• Options
    At first I thought this was really cute but after reading the replies, the other posters make a lot of sense. I wouldn't wear those socks again. It would be important though to have a basket or something with socks available to your guests, I would never remember to being socks and I bowl competitively lol. Little bowling pin chocolates is a really cute idea.
  • Options
    julie650 said:
    At first I thought this was really cute but after reading the replies, the other posters make a lot of sense. I wouldn't wear those socks again. It would be important though to have a basket or something with socks available to your guests, I would never remember to being socks and I bowl competitively lol. Little bowling pin chocolates is a really cute idea.
    Love this idea of the socks available in a basket for guests who may not have brought the right type of socks or socks at all and bowling themed chocolates would be adorable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards