Wisconsin

Olympia Resort

Hi Ladies,

Do you have any reviews/info/tips for Olympia?  We are possibly considering this for our wedding location.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Olympia Resort

• My fiance's uncle had his wedding their last summer and it was BEAUTIFUL! :) They got married in the outdoor gazebo area and then the reception was in the ballroom. They had over 300 guests and the ballroom felt very large/open and not at all packed. They also didn't put any tables on the dance floor, so no one had to move when it was time to dance... major plus! The food, staff, and drinks were great! Acoustics of the ballroom were great! 

A couple nitpicky things I noticed though was that there was at least 1 other wedding going on the same night, so there were no available rooms for last minute booking and even the bride's parents had a heck of a time getting a room booked a few weeks out. Also, for the outdoor ceremony there is absolutely NO SHADE. Something to keep in mind if its 90+ degrees out and the ceremony is at 1pm. No clue what the "rain plan" was or where that would hve been. Also, i'm not sure how many, but that do host multiple weddings at the same time. There was an outdoor wedding in a tent setup for another wedding the day of my fiance's uncle's wedding  and therefore, they had to schedule their ceremony at like 1 for the gazeebo but the reception didn't start until like 5 and there was a 2nd wedding in the gazeebo at like 3pm.

Again, it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding. Those are just some nitpicky items that I considered when looking at Olympia but we didn't look into it a whole lot since i found the perfect venue for us almost right away :)

Best of luck planning!! :)
  • My cousin was married there several years ago. PP was right, lots of space. There is a bar down the hall for after-party and the food was delicious!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also went to a wedding there last year and I have to agree with the previous post about the heat with an outdoor ceremony.  The wedding was in August and it was high 80's - all the guests were SWELTERING and you could see a lot of the guys had sweat through their shirts 10 mins in!  I would be concerned for any elderly guests if you happened to have it on a hot day.  There was also another wedding going on during the wedding I went to and by the end of the night, the other wedding had crashed the wedding I was attending. I don't think anyone cared but just something to be aware of.  Food was decent and the space is VERY big and open.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards