Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Day-of wedding coordinator for simple tasks...nothing fancy. Any suggestions?

I am having a big but low-key wedding in Brooklyn in May.

I do not want to deal with all of the trouble of tipping people, getting guests car services to go home, etc etc. I want a day-of coordinator to help with those tasks. Most of the coordinators I have looked at seem to be more full-service.

Does anyone have a suggestion for this kind of helper/coordinator?

Re: Day-of wedding coordinator for simple tasks...nothing fancy. Any suggestions?

• Options
    Do you have a venue coordinator you can go through?

Otherwise, for tipping, you can always just mail a tip in the days after a wedding. And do you need to get guests car service to go home? Can you just put up a number of a cab/car service somewhere will people see and use it if they'd like? Or ask the bartender to hand out cards with the number on it?

What other tasks do you want a DOC for?
  • Options
    I looked for a DOC in my area and I just didn't click with any of the people that I talked to. I ended up hiring a woman that I know who wasn't invited to the wedding. She's organized and dependable. Since I didn't need her to do any wedding stuff per se it didn't matter that she doesn't do it for a living. I was more concerned with her making sure everything is set up/cleaned up, tips are given, everything runs on time, etc.
  • Options

An organized/dependable acquaintance is a good idea- if only I had one!

We are having many elderly folks at our wedding, and it's in a bit of an out-of-the-way spot in Brooklyn- I'm a bit worried about them getting lost in what to them is the 'wilds' of our borough.

Beyond the tipping and transportation at the end of the night, I'd like someone to lock up some of the equipment we are renting at the end of the party. As of now, that's all I can think of, but I am a terrible bride and new things keep popping up!

• Options
    scribe95 said:
    Years ago I was a semi DOC for a good friend's wedding. I am known for my organization skills and she asked if I would handle all the little stuff. This included pinning on flowers, tipping vendors, sewing a button the groom's jacket; helping the photog get all the necessary pics; getting red ink of the wedding dress; handing out programs etc etc. I was happy to help her and it worked out great. Do you have a friend you could count on? Once the reception started I was off duty. And the bride/groom paid for my hotel that night as a thank you.

This is what we are doing. My very good friend volunteered - she used to be a funeral director so she is extremely organized and knows how to keep an event running smoothly. I'm going to make sure once dinner is served she is off the hook.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    Years ago I was a semi DOC for a good friend's wedding. I am known for my organization skills and she asked if I would handle all the little stuff. This included pinning on flowers, tipping vendors, sewing a button the groom's jacket; helping the photog get all the necessary pics; getting red ink of the wedding dress; handing out programs etc etc. I was happy to help her and it worked out great. Do you have a friend you could count on? Once the reception started I was off duty. And the bride/groom paid for my hotel that night as a thank you.

This is what we are doing. My very good friend volunteered - she used to be a funeral director so she is extremely organized and knows how to keep an event running smoothly. I'm going to make sure once dinner is served she is off the hook.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards