New Jersey

Cost for linen rental? And call for reviews!

Did anybody rent colored linens in North Jersey?  We are looking to do colored napkins, and chair covers with a matching sash.  I'm not sure how much that will add to our costs and whether it's worthwhile.

Also: did you LOVE your photog or DJ?  I'm overwhelmed with all the choices and could use help narrowing it down.  Thanks in advance, all!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Cost for linen rental? And call for reviews!

• What type of photography are you looking for? We hired a friend of mine to do photography for our wedding, and she does photojournalism style pictures (she's a photographer for a newspaper, so her style makes sense for that). One of the other photographers we considered does really beautiful photography, lots of "in the moment" and emotionally driven photos. We would have booked him, but he was outside of our price range.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• What type of photography are you looking for? We hired a friend of mine to do photography for our wedding, and she does photojournalism style pictures (she's a photographer for a newspaper, so her style makes sense for that). One of the other photographers we considered does really beautiful photography, lots of "in the moment" and emotionally driven photos. We would have booked him, but he was outside of our price range.
    See, I wouldn't know enough to say the difference between photojournalism and "in the moment."  Are you saying the second is more artsy?  Our photo budget is about $2500.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Photojournalism tends to be less about posed photos (though we are having a few of those) but more realistic, candid type pictures. The other photographer also had a big focus on candids, but yea, was a little more artsy and "romantic", if you will.

Here's the other one we considered: https://www.facebook.com/RichardBFlores

Both had excellent portfolios. Richard's packages just had more things in them (most of which we didn't need, like engagement photos/makeup artist), and getting what we needed a la cart was more than we could afford for the number of hours we would need.

ETA: I found Richard's page on The Knot. He has lots of photos up so you can get a clearer sense of his style: http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Richard-B-Flores-Photography/Profile/PHO/073/553028/profile?sid=yLdV5cusYtN5zwe8ui2SKA

~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards