Flowers

"Breakaway" Throwing Bouquet?

Has anyone heard of or seen a "Breakaway" throwing bouquet? The florist here suggested using one. She explained that it looks like a typical throwaway bouquet - a smaller replica of your bouquet - except when you toss it, all the flowers break away from the bunch and scatter. Ideally, everyone will get a flower (no more knock-down drag-out fighting, lol!).

This could be really cute or go horribly wrong... Any pointers?

Re: "Breakaway" Throwing Bouquet?

• @gjeawms

I think it could look cool in pictures / in person but some guests might be confused about it lol
  • I actually made a few of those when I worked in a florist.  Typically the throw away bouquet is made up of tiny bouquets so that you have maybe 6 or so grouped together and then when you throw it the small bouquets breakaway.  At first your guests may be confused/surprised but really it is just for laughs.

• I think I'm going to do one of these - the idea is cute and modern, I think.

...Although, as I type this, I'm realizing... if the bouquet doesn't go to just one girl, then who will the garter be put on?  

Guess I've just changed my mind!  No breakaway it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I think I'm going to do one of these - the idea is cute and modern, I think.

...Although, as I type this, I'm realizing... if the bouquet doesn't go to just one girl, then who will the garter be put on?  

Guess I've just changed my mind!  No breakaway it is!
    No one!  Ugh, I really hate it when the garter is put on the girl who catches the bouquet.  Typically the two people in that situation are completely mortified.  Just skip that tradition.  Still have the tosses but don't have the guy put the garter on the girl....holy uncomfortable!

• I went to a wedding where the groom had to throw the garter twice because all the guys purposefully missed it. Clearly none of them wanted the embarrassment of putting it on the young teen who caught the bouquet. The second time no one caught it either but they made the guy nearest it pick it up and go through the weird putting it on the poor girl thing anyway. It was all so, so awkward.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards