Connecticut
Options

Photography location help?!

We're getting married in Mystic, CT and we're from the area as well. but we're having a problem finding a nice place for pictures, the only place we can think of is avery point or bluff point and that's it. Maybe downtown mystic or the village. has anyone had photos taken in the area and would like to share good spots.

Re: Photography location help?!

• Options
    My fiance and i actually had our engagement shoot yesterday in the downpour of rain! lol. We had it near the water behind the Mystic Arts Centre (I think that was the name). It was so much fun! Even though i had straightened my hair and everything, i had to eventually let go of that as the rain got harder and wouldn't stop lol! Turned into a very fun shoot! 
  • Options
    OMG you should definitely consider Harkness in Waterford, CT!!!!!  We had our engagement shoot there, and the pictures came out fantastic! 
    Its a state park and it has a beach.  You can take your shoes off and get some shots walking in the sand.  There is a mansion with beautiful gardens, there is also a stone wall to shoot near and a beautiful tree.  A common background would be the barn door, or sitting on the steps with the mansion in the background.
    When you finish the shoot, it almost seems like you were at 3 or 4 different locations instead of just one.
    I highly recommend it!  We did ours in November when there was no one there but us.

I also love the Mystic Arts Center as someone mentioned, and Avery Point is my 2nd choice after Harkness.  Good luck!
  • Options
    P.S. If anyone would like to see some of our engagement photos I'd be happy to send a few.  My email is summersunshin28@hotmail.com and you can add me on facebook where I also have the photos.  (Email me and I'll tell you my full name)
  • Options
    I second any of these recommendations. Harkness is amazing, I did a shoot there for friends of mine and there's such a great variety. There's a gorgeous garden area, a beach, and the mansion so you get a little of everything. 

Downtown Mystic is also a fantastic spot.  There's the draw bridge, and the dock area right on the water. Mystic Arts Center is there as well for some great shots as pp suggested. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Downtown could be cute, take pictures in front of the bridge or walking around...Harkness, Avery Point are all great options, the Village has lots of cute little alcoves and fountains... There is also Ocean Beach or Eastern point Beach
  • Options
    We did ours in Stonington Borough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Harkness is so gorgeous!!!
  • Options
    1. I think harkness is really overused.
    2. You would have to pay for everyone to get in. 
    3. It's a pretty far drive from where you are getting married (probably 20-25 minutes) on top of walking time to wherever you are taking pictures

bullet points seemed easier ;) I think downtown mystic would be really beautiful, or even one of the farms in stonington would be really pretty.  Is there anywhere at your wedding venue that you could take the pictures?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards