June 2014 Weddings

My DIY invitation :-)

wabanziwabanzi member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in June 2014 Weddings
So I've been playing around designing and tweaking these for several months.  A few days ago, I started the mass cutting, assembling.  I'm very happy with the result (and price! --under $60 for nearly the 100 we'll need).  I just wanted to share them, so here are a few pics, but I have more pics and details on my blog if you want more details/better pics: http://craftywedding.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/paper-time-part-1/

This just got real!
imageimage
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My DIY invitation :-)

• They look beautiful.  Where did you buy the cardstock that you used?
  • wow those are beautiful! I wish I was that crafty.  I love the lining on the invites too.

Anniversary

• Thanks ladies!  I wanted to keep them simple and modern.  Also, they needed to be standard size and under 1 ounce so the international postage wouldn't bust our budget.

I purchased all the paper from Michaels and JoAnn's.  Since I did a heat embossed stamp on the card, I used plain black card stock (8.5"x11" cut into 2 cards).  Heat embossing is difficult on slick or textured paper.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! Those look fantastic!!

• Thanks ladies :-)  I'm knee deep in paper projects these days.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE the envelope lining! I'm stealing another idea from you... :)
  • amakayeb said:
    I LOVE the envelope lining! I'm stealing another idea from you... :)
    You make me smile :-)
    I really like it too.  I tried out some different papers, but the embossed tissue paper was hands down the best.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love crafty projects like this, but I've just been so creatively blocked lately, and Pinterest just overwhelms me! I'm hoping something has sparked. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards