Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How many tables is too many?

My venue provides 2- 8 foot banquet tables and 1- 6 foot banquet table, along with some round tables that I know I will use, but I am curious if any of you might have an idea of whether or not I'll need all of those banquet tables.  I don't want to order linens for all three of them and then end up not needing it.  We're having an "hors'dourves" style reception starting at 2 pm, so I won't be serving a full meal.  Basically I will just need space for the food, but I can't imagine I will need all 3 tables.  I also don't want to assume I'll only need one then need two and not have the linen for one.  Any advice?  Should I just spend the money on linens for all and possibly waste money?

Paying for almost everything myself and on a tight budget, already have a family and trying not to spend too much on this wedding.

Thanks ladies!

Re: How many tables is too many?

• Options
    jpence21 said:
    My venue provides 2- 8 foot banquet tables and 1- 6 foot banquet table, along with some round tables that I know I will use, but I am curious if any of you might have an idea of whether or not I'll need all of those banquet tables.  I don't want to order linens for all three of them and then end up not needing it.  We're having an "hors'dourves" style reception starting at 2 pm, so I won't be serving a full meal.  Basically I will just need space for the food, but I can't imagine I will need all 3 tables.  I also don't want to assume I'll only need one then need two and not have the linen for one.  Any advice?  Should I just spend the money on linens for all and possibly waste money?

Paying for almost everything myself and on a tight budget, already have a family and trying not to spend too much on this wedding.

Thanks ladies!
    IMO, you need a chair and a place at a table for every guest.  Even though you are having an app only reception people will still want to be able to sit and put their apps along with their drinks and maybe purse, camera, jacket and such down at a table.  So as to whether you need all those tables or not really depends on how many people are coming to your wedding.

• Options
    You need to provide a seat for every guest and somewhere to put their plates. You can't expect them to stand for your entire reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The amount of tables you need depend on how many guests you're hosting.  As PP's have said, every guest needs a chair and table space.

If your guest seating is taken care of and the tables you're referencing are for food, beverages, etc., I'd recommend you consult with your caterer to see how much space they need (for the platters of food, beverage dispensers, utensils, napkins, etc). You mentioned you're on a tight budget but you'd be surprised what you might need blank table space for- guest place cards, a couple framed pictures of you and your fiancé, a place for favors, somewhere for guests to leave gifts, etc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards