Wisconsin
Options

paper lanterns, help or hurt decorating?

We are planning a traditional October wedding. The room where our reception will be is bland compared to the rest of the venue so we are thinking of ways to spice it up.The cocktail area has a "lodge" look which also overlooks an outdoor patio/fire pit and lake. But the room it self is pretty bland. Our colors are red, burnt orange and maybe some yellow. I was thinking of hanging red round paper lanterns from the ceiling because there are no chandeliers or uniqueness which i feel brings down the look. Is it going to look cheesy or will it help the room? The walls are white and the carpet is pretty neutral.  HELP!!

Re: paper lanterns, help or hurt decorating?

• Options
    edited December 2011

It just depends upon how fancy/casual your wedding is going to be.  If it is going to be a several course sit-down dinner I wouldn't, but if the food is more casual it might look nice. 

Another idea to spice up the walls would be to rent/purchase uplighting.  You could just go to Menards or Home Depot and get those small uplighting lights and change the bulbs to a colored bulb.  I actually purchased one for my home (with a regular bulb!) for about $15-20 and it looks wonderful.

Tablecloths and centerpieces will add a lot to a room as well, so maybe concentrate on desinging a large and/or tallish centerpiece that people will be drawn to so they won't notice the bland walls and ceiling!

Good luck!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards