Flowers

Thoughts on bridesmaids carrying one or two flowers opposed to a bouquet

I don't want to look cheap or seem tacky.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thoughts on bridesmaids carrying one or two flowers opposed to a bouquet

• What flower were you planning on using?  One sunflower, or one bunch of hydrangeas looks very different than one daisy.

Also, if you use inexpensive flowers in large quantities it can still look VERY nice.  Baby's breath, carnations, hydrangeas are all relatively inexpensive and can make a nice statement without breaking your budget.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Thank you so much April!

I am not opposed to the Carnation idea. I am starting to make appointments with Florists and I what to decide on what I want. On the phone one of the women mentioned doing a single flower. So... I am torn... lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thank you so much April!

I am not opposed to the Carnation idea. I am starting to make appointments with Florists and I what to decide on what I want. On the phone one of the women mentioned doing a single flower. So... I am torn... lol

If you like the idea of a single flower go for it, just try to pick a flower that has a little more "presence" so it is obvious that they are carrying something in their hands.  :)  I wouldn't go smaller than a rose if you go with the single flower.

If you're torn at all do a Pinterest or Google Image search for "carnation bouquet" or "baby's breath bouquet" and you will get a ton of inspiration images.  I also did a search of "single flower bridesmaid bouquet" and got a lot of images.  Many were pretty, but a lot did look cheap/chinzy to me.

I'm a visual person so I need to see a picture/diagram before I can imagine how it will look.  Good luck!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I remember carrying one calla lily, with a very long stem, on my arm,similar to how you could carry a baby.  I thought it looked very nice.  Also, look on Pinterest because they have some really great looking bouquets made from baby's breath.
  • I am much more a fan of bouquets. Mostly because in the summer, I spend a lot of my time in the garden & I really love flowers. The more I see, the happier I am. One of my bridesmaids, at her wedding, she did a single red rose. Her BM wore black dresses- that was pretty.  I agree, it depends on what type of flowers you're using. My BM are wearing a deep red dress, carrying a bouquet of baby's breath (it still is like $40 for each bouquet), mine has garden roses, akito roses & spray roses along with some greenery. I think it really depends on your theme & colors if it's something that would look appropriate. Btw- if you're in Cincinnati, check out Floral Verde LLC. She was so helpful in coming up with creative ideas!
  • AprilH81 said:

Thank you so much April!

If you like the idea of a single flower go for it, just try to pick a flower that has a little more "presence" so it is obvious that they are carrying something in their hands.  :)  I wouldn't go smaller than a rose if you go with the single flower.

If you're torn at all do a Pinterest or Google Image search for "carnation bouquet" or "baby's breath bouquet" and you will get a ton of inspiration images.  I also did a search of "single flower bridesmaid bouquet" and got a lot of images.  Many were pretty, but a lot did look cheap/chinzy to me.

I'm a visual person so I need to see a picture/diagram before I can imagine how it will look.  Good luck!

I am exactly the same way. I spent all of last night doing research on this stuff. I have an appointment on Saturday at a Florist so I will try to see what kind of pricing they give me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am much more a fan of bouquets. Mostly because in the summer, I spend a lot of my time in the garden & I really love flowers. The more I see, the happier I am. One of my bridesmaids, at her wedding, she did a single red rose. Her BM wore black dresses- that was pretty.  I agree, it depends on what type of flowers you're using. My BM are wearing a deep red dress, carrying a bouquet of baby's breath (it still is like $40 for each bouquet), mine has garden roses, akito roses & spray roses along with some greenery. I think it really depends on your theme & colors if it's something that would look appropriate. Btw- if you're in Cincinnati, check out Floral Verde LLC. She was so helpful in coming up with creative ideas!
    I feel the same exact way! I feel like carrying anything but a bouquet is awkward. I am going to look into the baby's breath or coral carnations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards