Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding After-Party - Small family dinner?

My fiance & I are fine-tuning the details of our wedding - date is set for mid-June. Our ceremony is going to be an early afternoon ceremony followed by a cake/appetizers/punch (no-alcohol policy at our venue) reception.

We are both kind of quiet and do better in smaller groups. We think it would be nice to take our immediate family & bridal party out to a nice sit-down dinner after the reception to continue the celebration. 

My fiance put it to me like this - it would be really depressing to go to our hotel after the reception, change out of our fancy clothes, and get McDonald's because we are too tired/stressed to do anything else. The alternative to taking our family out to dinner would be going to dinner somewhere by ourselves- also sad. His brother disagrees and says we shouldn't have the dinner because we'll be too tired and worn out from the day. 

Have you done this? What are your thoughts? Some other input would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Wedding After-Party - Small family dinner?

• It depends on you. You could certainly do a low key dinner and not be too tired, especially since it seems like your reception will be low key as well. We had a morning ceremony and lunch reception and then went out later for dinner and partying, but we had time to rest before going out.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • There's no reason you can't go somewhere by yourself with your new spouse (I personally think it would be sweet and romantic) after your wedding, but your own idea is nice too.
  • It would be sweet, but we both feel that it would be kind of anticlimactic to end up going to dinner by ourselves at the end of our big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards