Chit Chat
Options

The Most Annyoing Questions

2»

Re: The Most Annyoing Questions

• Options
    hlvonb said:

The Most Annoying Questions People Ask When You're Engaged

1. "When's the wedding?" This only annoys me because I have family and friends in the bridal party (who have received their invites too) asking me this damn question. >.> So yeah....that doesn't give me confidence in them at all haha

3. "How are you paying for the wedding?" or "How much are you paying for X?" I get asked the second one most but it's not annoying. It has only been annoying a few times (very few) in the early stages of planning because I have a few people who are flabbergasted at what is charged for some stuff that have to do with weddings.

4. "Are you inviting X and Y?" Father's side of the family was a frickin bitch with this!!! To them wedding = family reunion. Just no. They became very snarky when they found out I wasn't inviting the people they wanted. Then they RSVP no anyways because of other reasons. >.> Why did you bitch in the first place then?

5. "Are you sure he's the right one? Ha ha!" THIS ONE!!!! I get this one from so many fucking people it irks the shit out of me!!! A lot of my female acquaintances are shocked, some even appalled, that I am marrying my FI who is my ONLY intimate partner. Some can't believe I'm "settling" so fast or so soon. Telling me I don't know what I'm missing and that I need to try "other rides" out first.....So i get very disgusted and offended when someone asks this question to me. I know not everyone is the lovey dovey type but my FI and I are and we believe in true love and only 1 person for eternity. Others do not but it just pisses me off when people make jokes about it. 

6. "You know 50% of marriages end in divorce, right?"
    My response to this: "Either they weren't happy or they were doing something wrong"

7. "So when are you having kids?" This hasn't started yet for us and I think it's because FI's family knows my mentality when it comes to kids.

For everyone out there who has to deal with these questions, stay strong =)

I have trouble with #5 too. Just because FI is the first and only guy I have ever dated / been with doesn't mean I'm missing out on life. I found my dream guy on the first try. Sure he isn't perfect but neither am I. It bugs the hell out of me when people say that I should try other guys out first before our wedding so I know what I want. >.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one on here who is marrying their first! FI is the only guy I've ever dated. I hate when people ask if I wonder if I'm missing out, or think I should experiment. No, I am extremely happy to be with someone who loves me just as much as I love him, and is nothing but supportive and compassionate towards me. He's my only because once I started dating him, I never wanted anyone else. Why the f--- would I ditch someone who makes me so happy and is so wonderful to me just to "experiment?" Screw that. Thankfully nobody who knows FI and I we'll asks us this. It's only ever people who haven't seen us together who ask us this, because anyone who has seen us together can tell we are a perfect match
    I know it's annoying to deal with but ladies I am so happy I'm not in this boat by myself! >.> I have had some of the most vulgar things said to me (by female acquaintances) regarding this matter....and the stuff that comes out of their mouths...it leaves me so flabbergasted!

To the 2 bolded - YES! Why the HELL would I give up the man of my dreams? The man that loves me with every fiber of his being? Just so I can get a taste of what it's like to have another guy...intimately? I mean what is the logic in this?! I don't understand it! I literally had one girl tell me that I needed to try a black guy out first before I "settled". This was said to me a couple of years ago but it still is one of those "w.t.f? did that really just happen?" moments in my life.

My FI and I are perfect together. We are perfect for one another. We compliment and complete each other. I wouldn't be the person I am today without his help.

I'm just really happy I'm not the only one having this kind of trouble/questioning....lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards