Massachusetts-Boston

Modern MA or NH Venues

edited January 2014 in Massachusetts-Boston

Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I recently go engaged in Oct and have begun scoping out venues. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on MA or NH wedding venues. We are looking for more of a mordern venue with lots of uplighting that can accomodate about 130 people. I've found The Villa in Bridgewater as well as Lakeview Pavillion in Foxborough. Does anyone know anything about those 2 venues?

Re: Modern MA or NH Venues

• I really liked the look of The Villa too.  We went with Cruiseport.  Very clean, modern lines and huge, bright windows.  There are tons of lighting options, but you still have to pay for uplighting, which is the case with a many venues.  We had 120 with TONS of space left. 
  • Yea I have the cruise port on our list as well. I've been to a wedding there and it was amazing. Thanks!
  • Just got married at the Villa and it was fantastic. I would highly recommend it!

• Look into the Seaport Hotel in Boston - it was on our list. The Lighthouse Room (I think thats what it was called) was beautiful - very modern & had uplighting.  Worth checking out!
  • Look into the Seaport Hotel in Boston - it was on our list. The Lighthouse Room (I think thats what it was called) was beautiful - very modern & had uplighting.  Worth checking out!
    That's gorgeous! We couldn't afford it, though. :-( We ended up going with the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter in South Boston. It's big and unique, and about as modern as you can get! While it's definitely not cheap, it was still drastically cheaper than the Seaport the way we're planning it. The food and beverage minimum at the Seaport was (to us) totally obscene. 
  • I'm pretty sure that's why we didn't go with it!!   They weren't very flexible with us either.... I'm sure it's only gone up since we looked at it...we ended up going with the Lenox since there wasn't a F&B minimum, but their ballroom is the opposite of modern.  Your venue looks amazing!!!  Please share your wedding photos with us, I can only imagine how gorgeous it will be!!
  • The Patriot Ballroom where I am having mine at the Patriot Place Renaissance is pretty modern :-)

• I have a friend getting married at the Currier Museum of Art in Machester, NH. I've also been to a wedding at the Cruiseport. BEAUTIFUL venue. There's also InterContinental Boston. The hotel is new within the past 6 or 7 years and it's right on the water so the ballrooms over look it. They also have this beautiful modern lobby.
  • the Exchange Center on the Boston Harbor in the Seaport!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards