Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Here are my vows! (rough draft)

I'm a little confused on whether I can use vow and promise interchangeably or whether I should just stick to vow? Let me know if this sounds good/what changes you would make. Thanks!

I vow to always be there for you.  When you need a sounding board, a voice of reason, or even just a hand to hold, I’m your girl.

I promise to support you in all of your dreams, to always let you into my heart and to always give you the very best of me. I promise to laugh with you and to always live life to the fullest with you through the bad times and the good.

I vow to love you unconditionally for who you are and to protect your heart as though it were my own. I will always be by your side for any adventures that life may throw our way.

You are such a kind and caring man and in you I have found my perfect balance. I am honored to take you as my husband today, to have and to hold, for the rest of our lives.

Re: Here are my vows! (rough draft)

• Options
    Aaawww. Love them!
  • Options
    First of all, I'm so glad to see that you wrote promises/vows instead of just a story/statement/etc. I think they cover a lot, and are worded eloquently without sounding stuffy.

The one thing I might edit - read it aloud and pick whichever suits your voice/style best, is "give you the very best of me" - I might change that to "give you my best".

Good work!  I bet it's a relief to have them down and finished!
  • Options
    Sounds pretty.  I agree with @vt&dr that it's really great that what you have here is specific vows and promises as opposed to the back story of your relationship or just how much you love your FI.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I definetly did some lurking before I wrote them and found some really helpful suggestions on here! What I ended up doing is writing everything I though/felt and wrote it down. Then I seperated the vows/promises to writ my vows and put the rest in a letter I'll give FI on our wedding day :)
  • Options

Those sound wonderful!

• Options
    What lovely vows! Yes, you can use vow and promise interchangeabley - they are synonyms. And congratulations on writing *vows* and not cute anecdotes/inside jokes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards