Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Gift Never Arrived?

One of my co-workers sent us a wine refrigerator as a gift, and told me directly and on the card that it was Part I of a 2 part gift. She also asked me what my wine preference was because she wanted to get us a wine of the month club. 4 months after the wedding, we have not received our wine from "Wine of the Month". Is it rude to ask her if she signed us up? I am just concerned because we recently moved, and I want to make sure that if she did purchase it (it's an expensive gift) that it is getting to us and not lost in transit somewhere. 

Re: Wedding Gift Never Arrived?

• If you recently moved, I would definitely bring it up to her.  
    sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • Did you forward your mail? If you did then you should have received a notice about it, if she ordered and sent it.

I would not ask in case she opted not to buy the 2nd part of the gift. It's a tough situation, but I would let it go. If she hasn't come up and asked if you like the wine or received it yet, then she probably didn't purchase it.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Someone gave me a cheese of the month club as a wedding gift and they get email notifications when the cheese is sent to me, when it is received, etc. She should have notice if it wasn't sent to you or undeliverable, but maybe the people in your old place are enjoying your wine. You can always avoid an awkward convo with her by calling the wine of the month club line first and asking them if there is anything listed under your name. I actually had to do this too when I got my first cheese delivery with no idea who it came from. They have really great customer svc :)
  • I don't really have any new advice, I agree with PP that you should call the company (if you know who they are).  

I just want to say- wine of the month and cheese of the month are possibly the best gift ideas ever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't really have any new advice, I agree with PP that you should call the company (if you know who they are).  

I just want to say- wine of the month and cheese of the month are possibly the best gift ideas ever.
    MA doesn't allow you to send alcohol in the mail. No wine of the month clubs for us :(
    Anniversary
  • ashleyep said:
    I don't really have any new advice, I agree with PP that you should call the company (if you know who they are).  

MA doesn't allow you to send alcohol in the mail. No wine of the month clubs for us :(
    There's always the cheese of the month club!  I'm in CT, and I was super shocked the first time I went to cook on a Sunday and couldn't go out and buy wine; although that has since been changed.. phew!

I did just learn that I can have wine shipped to me from an in-state or out-of-state winery, as long as they produce less than 100,000 gallons of wine per year. (And comply with all of the other legal stuff, such as transport license.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of my co-workers sent us a wine refrigerator as a gift, and told me directly and on the card that it was Part I of a 2 part gift. She also asked me what my wine preference was because she wanted to get us a wine of the month club. 4 months after the wedding, we have not received our wine from "Wine of the Month". Is it rude to ask her if she signed us up? I am just concerned because we recently moved, and I want to make sure that if she did purchase it (it's an expensive gift) that it is getting to us and not lost in transit somewhere. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@christie.mayo How long ago did you tell her your preference?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards