March 2014 Weddings

I must be nuts...

I had an interview on Wednesday that lasted 2 hours.  I walked away from the interview, extremely excited and feeling like I nailed the interview.  I have been "on edge" wondering what the outcome of the interview would be, as that is the LONGEST interview I have ever gone through.  I have been weighing the pros and cons of that job, vs. the job I'm currently in.  The hours are 9-6, which is going to be a change from my 8-430 hours. The commute is about the same, maybe a few minutes longer, than my current commute...which is fine, especially since it's easy access to major highways to get home.  The pay is much better and the room for advancement is much much better than my current position. My Medical/dental/vision benefits would be paid for IN FULL by the company, with no money out of my paycheck.  Which is great.  I would only have to pay the difference if I add FI (who will be my DH by the time benefits kick in) and my son to the insurance.  Two weeks vacation (off the bat) and 3 personal/sick days.  I can't beat that with a stick! In speaking with FI, he believes I would be happier in the new job and would support me in my decision and change of positions.  

Anyhow.  I just got a call offering me the position.  I'm beyond thrilled.  I told them I would call them back in an hour because I needed to discuss it with FI a little bit more.  They understood and said that they will await my call.  When I spoke with my FI he was beyond thrilled for me.  He could tell I was happy because I was bouncing around like a loon after the interview, and practically the past day and a half.  So, we decided I would accept the new position.  I am only putting in a 1 week notice because I am needed to start the position ASAP.  I am a little nervous what the response will be from my boss when I hand her the letter on Monday.  I think she's aware that it is coming, but doesn't know when.  She and the president of the company has been well aware that I've been searching for a new job but haven't had any luck.  Well, little do they know!!! 

I must be nuts changing jobs a month and a half away from the wedding.  It'll be good for me.  I know it!!!!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: I must be nuts...

• If it's meant to be it'll happen.  We are all nervous when life pushes us in new directions.  I am sure you told them during the interview you were getting married and since they offered the job they must not have a problem if you need to take time off.  Congratulations and good luck!
  • If it's meant to be it'll happen.  We are all nervous when life pushes us in new directions.  I am sure you told them during the interview you were getting married and since they offered the job they must not have a problem if you need to take time off.  Congratulations and good luck!
    Yes.  I see this as a good sign.  I just contacted them to tell them I accept and can start Feb 3rd.  I am so excited.  They are well aware that I am getting married and they are OK with the little bit of time off that I will need.  I am going into the office tomorrow at 10am to start paperwork and training. I'm so excited.  This is going to be a great opportunity.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Congrats! Sounds like a win!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey CONGRATS! I just started a new job back in November. I left a job where I was extremely unhappy after almost 6 years to take an opportunity to advance my career, make more money and not take my work home with me. I was up front about my wedding (which was several months away at that point) and they were super understanding. My FI was understanding too, which is why he is the best, and supported me even though we had to push back our honeymoon to 2015 (ugh). It's just a life lesson, that the timing may never be right to make big changes, you just have to grab the opportunities when they come and make it work out. We are lucky gals to have the support and love from our FIs to take risks and achieve our dreams. Go you! And good luck with the new job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey CONGRATS! I just started a new job back in November. I left a job where I was extremely unhappy after almost 6 years to take an opportunity to advance my career, make more money and not take my work home with me. I was up front about my wedding (which was several months away at that point) and they were super understanding. My FI was understanding too, which is why he is the best, and supported me even though we had to push back our honeymoon to 2015 (ugh). It's just a life lesson, that the timing may never be right to make big changes, you just have to grab the opportunities when they come and make it work out. We are lucky gals to have the support and love from our FIs to take risks and achieve our dreams. Go you! And good luck with the new job!
    Thanks! I actually started on the day after my offer acceptance (Saturday).  I went in again this past Friday and my official start date is Today.  I'm super excited.  I felt horrible putting my time in at my old job, but it had to be done...and quick.  I was not comfortable in my old position and had been trying to get out for some time.  

Thanks for the congrats.  I've been on cloud nine since a week ago!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply