Wedding Reception Forum

Guest Shuttle

I am looking for ideas to get my guests from point A to point B. We are getting married this summer on our friend's property in the country. There would technically be room for guests vehicles to park, but we want to offer a shuttle to bring people out to the location. We thought it would be easier on guests to have them picked up at an easy to find location (like a hotel we blocked rooms at for the guests) and then shuttled out to the wedding and brought back to the same location at the end of the night. This way, no one will get lost trying to find our friend's place and won't have to worry about drinking and driving. Also, we would like to be considerate of our friend's property and not have so many vehicles parked out there. 

Any ideas of how to set up a shuttle of this type? I was thinking of a party bus, but I am finding that you book these for a smaller chunk of time (like a couple of hours and we would be looking for a time block of about 7-8 hours). 

Re: Guest Shuttle

• I think a lot of hotels offer their own shuttle service. I would check with some in the area.

• I could check, but the hotel we will have to work with is going to be a Super 8. We are getting married outside of a REALLY small town and don't have many hotels to work with that would be more likely to offer those types of amenities. Our choices are the Super 8 or one of those really run down motels that come straight out of a horror movie! *yikes*
  • a lot of people do school buses! and it may be pretty cheap. we will probably look into this option when we get to that point.

• amy_lea said:
    I am looking for ideas to get my guests from point A to point B. We are getting married this summer on our friend's property in the country. There would technically be room for guests vehicles to park, but we want to offer a shuttle to bring people out to the location. We thought it would be easier on guests to have them picked up at an easy to find location (like a hotel we blocked rooms at for the guests) and then shuttled out to the wedding and brought back to the same location at the end of the night. This way, no one will get lost trying to find our friend's place and won't have to worry about drinking and driving. Also, we would like to be considerate of our friend's property and not have so many vehicles parked out there. 

Any ideas of how to set up a shuttle of this type? I was thinking of a party bus, but I am finding that you book these for a smaller chunk of time (like a couple of hours and we would be looking for a time block of about 7-8 hours). 
    Is everyone staying at the hotel?  Because if I'm just driving to the wedding and not staying at the hotel, I would not want to park at the hotel and be shuttled in.  

As for the bus, call around.  There are shuttle bus companies that cater to weddings.  They will usually run the shuttles for around 1.5 hours at the beginning of the reception and 1.5 hours at the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards