Wedding Reception Forum

Need ideas for Grimm Brothers Wedding Decor

So I'm having a grimm brothers fairytale themed wedding.. kind of like a dark fairytale. My colours are lapis (darkpurple), black, and silver. I have a lot of ideas, but if anyone has any awesome ideas for decor, entertainment, etc. it would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!

Re: Need ideas for Grimm Brothers Wedding Decor

• You could have your seating arranged by fairy tale. (ie have each table themed to a different story instead of numbers)
  • You could put copies of the books as part of your centerpieces. Whatever you do, go subtle with it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think the books and tables by story are both excellent ideas and work well with each other! I think the subtle tip is also really important.  It can also be really hard to do.  
  • furs, thick melted candles on antlers, chalices with wide bottoms, leather borders, small cauldrons full of water with floating candles, mirrors on the tables, moss, check out offbeatbride.com for more funky stuff, or go to a renaissance faire to find ideas. 
  • This sounds cool if done in a subtle way as PPs said-- I would play up the dark and romantic decor and just put little nods to the stories throughout the room, such as the books in the centerpieces.  Some brides on the DIY board have made really cool "flowers" out of book pages; you could do that with Grimm's books.  I love the moss idea, you could use a lot of roses, dark wood, dark glassware on the tables.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards